11. Tangled Reality

• इन्हें समर्पित: Arpi__201

My world stopped for a second when the guy, Nyrvig, called me by my title. Clutching onto the cloth around my visage, I rushed into the sea of the crowd to find the guy from earlier. The stranger whose dark obsidian orbs managed to drown me into their spell and like a sailor falls for a siren, I too started to get tempted by the allure present in them.

Throughout my scour for the guy, I managed to trample many feet, earning a glare from many of the pedestrians. Not like my feet were left untouched, I saved them from getting mangled by a wheel from the carts passing by; it was utter chaos, and finding the stranger seemed to be a herculean task.

"Finding me, Vijaya?" A distinct voice called out to me from one of the stalls. I turned around to get a look and there he was, sitting on a dinky stool kept near the stove of a sweet stall. Quite languidly, he sat there as if the entire world around him was moving according to his will. His forehead showed no creases while his tanned skin peeked through the cloth covering his face. 

Walking closer, I extended my hand to grab onto the black cloth around his face but with one swift motion, he grabbed onto my palm, stopping me. 

"Let the cloth remain Rajkumari, veils are important at times." He chuckled while patting onto the seat next to him, wordlessly asking me to sit there. 

"Who are you?" I asked before taking the seat next to him. My palms were sweaty and my the palpitation of my heart was no better, it was thumping against my chest, making me drink a concoction of both apprehension and anticipation.

"I am an entity that is yet to be deemed as your friend or foe, I am neutral. Though your escapade today..." His eyes bore into mine and he whispered, "Makes me want to be your ally."

My heart skipped a beat with just a mere look of his eyes but I braced myself, hardly letting the words of my heart get written on my face. "And why is that?" I questioned, accumulating all my strength to not stutter.

"Perhaps because..." He took the sweet passed to him and granted the waiter with a tip, "I found it interesting?"

"How am I suppose to believe you when you, yourself sound so unsure regarding the argument?" I chided while looking around the shop. It was not a very sophisticated place, in fact, it was not at all clean for flies could be spotted everywhere, relishing the drops of sweets that were scattered almost everywhere. Amidst such an unclean environment, any young master of some distinguished family would never enter for sure- then who was he?

"True, maybe I should present some token of friendship. Don't you think the same Rajkumari?" He said with playfulness reeking from his tone as if I was not something serious to deal with. It was annoying, very annoying to be treated as such but there was hardly anything much I could do.

"How about I introduce one of my allies to you?" He continued while playing with his food. His fingers were drenched in sugar syrup but he seem to not care about it at all. "Meet Nirmala, my aid who has been informing me regarding the activities of Medinikhand."

My heart stopped and my eyes widened in fear. Turning around, I indeed witnessed Nirmala who was approaching us, her garbs were like of pauper and if one didn't look close enough, they might not recognize the innocent fairy of the kingdom.

"H-ow? What is happening?" I roared though thankfully it was not enough to gather the crowd around us. Accompanied by a fraudulent wind, my mask fell off and the shocked expression on my face was now visible to the entire world.

Nirmala stopped on her spot, her eyes moved to Nyrvig who was seated there with his face still covered, as if she was seeking permission from him for which he just nodded; permitting her. Getting the authorization, she rushed to our side while glaring at me.

"What is she doing here?" We both asked at the same time. Many questions bubbled in my head but it was my hatred for Nirmala that made me agitated more than being curious.

He stayed silent despite our eyes boring onto him, acting completely oblivious to irritation bestowed upon him. With a tug, he drew down his mask and what stood forth my eyes was an extremely handsome youth whose obsidian eyes had a mischievous glint in them while his thin lips were pressed together as if he was holding down his laughter.

"It was indeed a good choice to establish Nirmala as your friend." He mused while taking a bite of the sweet in his hand, drizzling a small amount of sugar syrup on his lips that made them even more alluring. 

"Now that I have all the intel of Medinikhand, let me introduce myself to you. I am Nyrvig, prince of Shakya Pradesh. Yesterday, we didn't get a chance to meet. I am said ally of your Second brother, Aditya but it seems that he has been planning something against me. Surely him getting the throne would be troublesome to me hence let me introduce my major pawn to you."

Nirmala winced at his words but kept her calm otherwise.

"The prime minister seem to be on the same side as me when coming to this prospect hence he agreed to grant his only daughter at my service. She was meticulously established as your friend to get me all the intel of Medinikhand, risking her life all the while.  How touching, isn't it?" He chuckled by the end of the sentence leaving me confused.

"And why are telling me all this?" I queried, my voice was barely audible but I stared deep into his eyes.

"You have two options now Rajkumari. Either my assassins would kill your brother or... you marry me." He smiled at me leaving me thunderstruck.

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Rajkumari- Princess

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Nyrvig: hi?

Vijetri:  🎶aankhon me teri ajab si ajab si adaein hai 🎶

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

This chapter is dedicated to @Arpi__201 for literally spamming the book. Love you!

Today's meme is by @gildedwolves 

Resurgence of Kohlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें