43. Faces of Family

The groans of the assassin rang in the entire cave as Chanchala ministered torture on him; it was a gruesome sight and Chanchala seemed to be very apt in her work. It shocked me to see her work but I didn't dare to speak further as this was one of the things I asked her to do.

From the insignia on his hand, it was clear that the guy was from Chataniyagadh but what I dreaded was on the elbow of the other hands, it was a roaring lion which meant he was the guy belonging to the secret army cultured by Urjit. In my last life, I was the one to fund this group of men that belonged to the lower section of society and were generally orphans. 

This meant we could not simply threaten him to do our work based on the family because there are high chances that he may not even have one. This led us to only one option left, lure him on our side which was tougher than we thought.

"I am asking you for the last time," I repeated my offer, "help us with our motto and you would be free to go or stay here getting tortured for your entire life which would be short under Chanchala's ministration."

The threat in my words was clear and with another groan, he stood up, looking at me.

"There is no way I wo-would take that off-offer. He would kill me." His words fumbled due to pain but with another whiplash, Chanchala greeted him with her ominous smile.

"Do you think death by getting eaten by thousand rats is scary." I quoted the capital punishment given to traitors in the army of Chaitanyagadh- thanks to my information of last life- his mask cracked and he stared at me with awestruck eyes.

"H-How do you know-" He tried to speak but with another whiplash, he was silenced.

"I know many things but it is a pity, I can't offer you death by getting eaten by a thousand rats, I simply cannot afford to keep them." Relief flashed in his eyes only to be drowned in a sea of despondency on hearing my words later. "Only one rat is enough to eat you alive."

"Y-You can't be serious." Horror laced his voice as he tried to get free from his chains only to get bruised by them further.

"Oh try me," I sassed at him, walking closer to him but making sure to not stain my skirt with his blood.

After a long silence with only the sound of a crackling fire and our bated breaths, the assassin answered me with a gruff voice emitted from his throat, "Fine, I would follow you."

His jaws were clenched and teeth were gritted while brows furrowed in a frown yet there was hardly anything much he could do regarding this arrangement. 

"How is your aiming skill?" I questioned.

"Good enough to kill someone, if that is what you want to know." He tried to boast but one kick from Chanchala was enough to humble him down.

"Make sure your words are true because you are about to aim for the king." There was a smile on my face when I saw him turning pale but after his words, there was hardly much choice in his hands.

"I-I can't," He fumbled yet again but this time it was due to astonishment more than the ache of his body.

"You would since you have no option in your hand. Either you stay here for the rest of your eternity or do my job and hope to survive in the world outside," I replied to him, glaring into his eyes, a smile lacing my lips. With that, I left the dungeon along with Chanchala.

"Rajkumari!" The voice of Shailaja resonated in my ears as soon as I stepped inside my chamber while she rushed toward me, joy bubbling into her eyes.

"Your brothers, Rajkumar Aadhirai and Rajkumar Aaditya have arrived."

A smile instantly found its way to my lips and my eyes sparkled hearing about the arrival of my brothers. "Where are they?" Words involuntarily left my lips and my joyous voice filled the room. Before Shailjaa could answer my question a voice boomed in the chamber making me turn around with a huge smile gracing my lips.

"Right behind you sister." Bhrata Aaditya stood at the gates of my chamber along with Nyrvig. There was silence shrouding us all, there were glares passed between two, a plea was made from others and lastly, the was reassurance from a sister to her bother which was left mid-ways and words finally had to take place in the womb of this berserk serenity.

"I am alright Bhrata," I reassured him but a heated glare was followed. 

"How can I believe in your words sister after seeing those scratches marring all over your body?" He pointed out the wounds I got from the assassin and the blisters from the jewels I had worn that day.

"It was my fault," I butted in but was silenced by a wave of his hand.

"I expected you to be protected but it is quite clear that Nyrvig here is inefficient to do so," He chided and glared at Nyrvig who was standing in his place, not a word was uttered from his mouth. It was bizarre to watch Nyrvig be standing mutely when his face was often marked with his usual mischievous smirk.

"I am your culprit," Nyrvig finally uttered the words that made me look at him with annoyance. This acceptance was not required for he was not responsible for the action I take, I am my free being and no one could be blamed for my wounds except for me.

"I know you are." Bhrata Aaditya marched to Nyrvig when suddenly through the parted doors Bhrata Aadhirai entered. His visage held a grim expression and his lips pursed together but when they parted it made me stumble back.

"I have agreed to my marriage to Rajkumari Yashodhara."

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Rajkumar- Prince

Bhrata- brother

Rajkumari- Princess

❁┈┈┈❅ ⋞〈 ✿ 〉⋟ ❅┈┈┈❁

Hellos!

How was the chapter?

Did you like that?

If yes then make sure to vote and comment.

Meet you in the next chapter

Till then, bye bye