*⚜️CHAPTER-19⚜️**⚜️I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM⚜️*

Please do let me know if this is readable and understandable,English isnt my first language and i have problem expressing deep emotion through writing. Im still working on in improving my writing skills. Happy reading!

" Before this evening ends, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all,
Thank you for giving us your precious time just to attend this old lady's birthday party...." Amanda said, joking aside.
Everyone laughed at her joke.
" I also want to take this opportunity to welcome two, lovely people that were added to our growing family. Please come join us here, Alexandria and Alexander." She said, reaching her hand in our direction.
I stared at Clyde, whose seating next to me.
I got so nervous, I'm not really good at this, I don't like public attention. He smiled at me before standing up, he reached for my hand and so did Alexander too.
We all walk towards the spotlight next to Amanda, Claire, and Christopher.
" Meet the gorgeous wife of my son and their child. The sole heir of Harlington Hotel, Mining, and Casino. Welcome to the Harlington family." She said proudly raising the glass of expensive champagne in her hand.
" Cheers to the bright future of the Harlington empire" She said and everyone synchronized with her.
The party goes on like it will never end. Claire borrowed her brother to introduce him to some Colleague of his that wanted to see him, but before he left, he took off his white jacket and put it on my shoulder.
" I'll be back soon." he said, whispering in my ears before planting a kiss on my forehead.
Instantly, I felt my heart flutter and my cheek blush. I didn't react to it, but I knew from the smirk on the corner of his lips that he knew I was greatly affected by his gesture. And he likes it.
Well, I'm not denying it. We never talk about the real score between us. But action speaks louder than words. And I'm liking our get-up now.

I decided to escape for a bit and left Alexander in Ms. Charlotte's care. I don't mind leaving him for a bit because he's busy now playing with his new toy his grandma gave to him as a present.
Furthermore, I saw the balcony had no people, so I went there to breathe some fresh air. I was there for about five minutes when I felt someone else's presence.
Thinking it might be Clyde, I quickly said.
" Clyde, just give me five minutes more, and I'll be back inside" but the person didn't answer, so I turned around to see who it was.
To my surprise, it wasn't Clyde but my Ex- jerk boyfriend from six years ago, standing in front of me with an amused look on his face.
" It was really you, Alec! I thought I mistook you for somebody else." he said, walking closer to me.
Seeing his movement, I made a few steps backwards
Which made him stop on his track. He lifted both his hands in a sign of defeat.
" I know, I'm a jerk for hurting you so much before, I just wanted you to know that I'm really sorry, I was immature and not appreciating things around me." he said after, his voice full of regret.
Actually, I forgot about that a long time ago. In fact, I thank him for being a jerk.
I think my life entirely changed after that day,
Though I have been through some hard times, I also learned a lot and had a wonderful son as a result.
" Well I guess you would rather not talk to me, ok I'll leave you now. " He said after.
I was supposed to speak, but then I saw Clyde entering the balcony with vixen Nicole, clinging her hands around Clyde's arms. I felt my blood boiling seeing that bitch with him. What did he do with that woman!
" Ohh my, there you are Darling." she said, unclenching her hands around Clyde's arm and went to Harris to kiss his lips.
Clyde walked towards me and possessively wrapped his hand around my waist.
Then he stared back at Nicole and Harris.
Nicole smiled at us like everything looked normal,
then she said,
"Alec, aren't you going to tell Mr. Clyde about us? That we are schoolmates back in college and wait by the way, does he know about you and my husband before?!" she exclaimed, faking a surprised emotion.
Damn it! This bitch can't really stop bugging me everywhere I go.
" What do you mean, Nicole?" Clyde asked, his face was void of emotion.
" Ohh well, my husband here is Alexandria's first boyfriend, silly, right? What a small world. Now, We won't bother you any longer. Bye Alec, nice to meet you again." she said, faking a smile that makes me more angry.
When I gazed at Clyde to say something,
he just stared at me with no emotion to identify if his angry or what. He reached for my hand and pulled me with him. We went back to the party, him leaving me with my son without saying a word.
When he came back, he just said, "we're leaving"
Then he reached my hand and took our son too.
We head out of the party straight to a private elevator.
We stop at the last floor of the building where I remember we went in, the first time we've met before. But to my surprise, he didn't bring us to the exact room where he stayed before and instead led us to a spacious room next to it.
" I'll leave you guys here, there are clothes in the cabinet and stuff you need." he said before kissing my son's forehead.
" Goodnight, smart guy, "He said, smiling at our son.
" Goodnight Daddy," Alexander said, yawning, his eyes looking sleepy already. Clyde stood up without even looking at me.
Well, That's it! I'm done with this silent treatment!
I quickly followed him to the other room when he left without even saying a word to me.
But I was taken aback when the room didn't even have a light.
It's dark and the only reason I wasn't bumping into something is because of the light illuminating from the moon.
I never thought this place was so huge.
" Clyde, are you here? " I shouted out, confused if he was here. Strange, I knew he went inside.
When I noticed the balcony was open, I went out to check if his there.
And I'm right, he was sitting in a two-seater, wooden chair. While smoking a cigarette.
Goodness!
I never thought he smoked?
I never saw him even once smoking a cigarette before!
Damn it!
How am I supposed to explain to him, I didn't do anything wrong? Without thinking, I sat next to him.
He flinched a bit when he felt me near him.
I guess he's in deep thoughts, that he didn't notice me quickly.
He glanced at me for a second before his eyes went back to staring at the night sky.

Not knowing what to do, I started to talk.
I don't mind if he won't listen to me.
" After you left, I decided to go out and breathe some fresh air, but then I saw Harris, and he started to talk to me. Actually, he's the only one who is talking, I was speechless seeing him again, especially here, at this party." I stopped and glanced at him but his eyes and face were void of emotions, so I just continued with my talking, at least he didn't walk away.

" He apologized to me for being a jerk, making a bet on me if I gave myself to him before. But he didn't know I was thankful for what he did. That day that I found him in his room making out with Nicole, Is the day I met you, and now I have my son who always makes me happy. Life is full of surprises, but I'm glad it played with me because I have you now in my life." I admit, full of emotion. It was then when I got his full attention.
" Are you happy with me, Alexandria? " His eyes roaming in my face looking for an answer.
I cleared my throat before answering his questions.
" Happy? Well, I like your sneaky side. I like to see you all the time. The last time we had a bit of an argument, and you flew to New York to do some business, I missed you a lot. So if these things mean I'm happy with you, then yes I am." I said to him wholeheartedly, I think it's time for us to take the next step and open up to each other. I saw a smile form on his lips after hearing what I said.
" Do you still love him?" He asked after.
I can see in his eyes that he's hurting from that question.
" I don't in fact, I thought I loved him before, but I realized now that I never did. I just assumed it was love, what I felt," I said to him honestly.
It was then when he stood up and held his hand in front of me.
" Then sleep with me, if there's no other men in your heart... let's make our marriage real." he said to me after that made me shocked and speechless for a moment. I know I can give myself to him, but not like this. Why should I sleep with him just to prove that there's no other man owning my heart?
My rebellious soul speaks for itself.