⚜️Chapter-23⚜️Lunch with his family

Thankfully, we still arrived on time to have lunch with Clyde's family. I was so amazed, by seeing the simple yet elegant mansion, where Clyde's parents live. We were welcomed by a taller gate that automatically opened when Clyde swipes a card on the monitor.
On the way inside the mansion, I saw a white fountain and plenty of flowers and trees surrounding the place, making it so relaxing in the eyes. When we step out of the car, Amanda and Christopher greet us at the front door of the mansion.
" Ohh I'm so glad you guys can make it! "Amanda greeted us cheerfully, hugging each one of us.
" Come, let's get inside, everybody! " She cheerfully said, inviting everyone in.
" Are you hungry, Little guy?" she asked Alexander.
" Yes, grandma." Alexander shyly replied.
I'm glad he started to communicate with them, though he's still shy, but that's normal. He hadn't seen them before, and I hope this get together will make them closer to him.
" Oh sweetheart, grandma made plenty of food that I know, it's your favorite. I hope you'll like it." Amanda's cheerful reply.
When we reached the dining area, I was so surprised how well-prepared the table was, like we're going to eat in a five-star restaurant. If you scan the surroundings of the mansion. I can definitely bet most of the furniture was antique and expensive.
Goodness!
I still can't believe they accepted me that easily.
I'm just a poor woman, with nothing valuable in my possession. The only thing I have that money can't buy is my son. I snapped out of my thought when I felt a warm hand gently pressing my shoulders.
" Do you like the house, Alexandria?" Amanda asked, amusement and happiness can be seen in her eyes.
" Yes, Amanda, it's so beautiful! "
" Ohh really? I'm so delighted you appreciate it. I actually organize everything by myself! And if you like to learn, I can enroll you in the school where I learn it. Would you like it?" she asked hopefully, her eyes beaming with happiness that even though it's not really in my interest to learn and decorate a house. I can't say no in front of her, I'm sure she will be disappointed.
" Of course! Why not? I think it would be fun! " I said to her cheerfully.
" Ohh dear, thank you.''she was happily clapping her both hands before hugging me, which I returned as well.
A fang of hurt suddenly envelop me because,
Currently, I miss my mom and dad.
I wonder how they are. What's keeping them busy every day? Though, they turn their back on me because I can't bear to lose my child and I ruin their hopeful ambition for me.
They are still my parents and I love them so much!
It was then when I felt a hand entwine with mine and the familiar sparks emit in the place where our hands unite. I turn around and smile at him, I know Clyde can see the real me deep inside that no one will notice. I gave him a hopeful glance, telling him I will explain it later.
After lunch, Amanda and Christopher wish us to stay longer. Though Clyde seems to be hesitant on staying longer, I take this opportunity to make my son bond closer to his grandparents. I asked him if we could stay, even just for a night.
Since Clyde still has his room here.
Surprisingly, it seems like Amanda knows me already, as she even prepared a room for Alexander.
Claire wasn't present at lunch, she's busy managing some local business they have in town. Amanda said that she would be home later before dinner. She invited us proudly to Alexander's room that she managed to decorate by herself.
Again, like the Sala, dining area, and the kitchen where she toured me around, I was amazed at how well arranged everything was in Alexander's room. They colored the room with baby blue wallpaper. He has a big car bed  and countless toys. It was beautifully arranged in a few medium boxes which was clever of her, knowing my son would open everything and put all of them out on the carpeted floor.
My son was so excited seeing his room that he started to jump, hugging his grandparents pulling both of them to join him on the ground, while slowly opening and inspecting every box of toys in the room. Worried that he would bother his grandma, and grandpa too much, I called his name. But Amanda shushed me aside, as she is really waiting for this moment to bond with their only grandchild.
" Go, both of you. We will let you know if Alexander needs anything. Have some private time with each other." she teased us, which made my cheeks so red from embarrassment.
While Clyde only laughed about it and pulled me to his room. When I came inside his room, Clyde quickly pulled me with him in the bed and sighed.
It seems like he is not so useful anymore to be with his parents for so long. I stood up and scanned his room. I'm so surprised that his room was well maintained even after so many years.
" Amanda likes to keep things as they are from before. " He explained, though his eyes were closed. It seems like our minds are magically connected even if I didn't ask him. He knows what's going on inside my head.
" She's wonderful." I replied.
" Yeah, she had this idea that she wanted to preserve everything the way it was before I left," he said. He went up on the bed and sat in a sitting position like I did. I can see respect and admiration in his eyes while he talks about his mother.
" I think she misses you and Claire when you both still need her help and are still young, and by preserving your room can sometimes bring back the old times." I said to him, reaching for his hand to entwine with mine. I felt him pull me closer to him and bent down to kiss my temple.
" You were probably right, little kitten." he agreed. We sit there constantly while looking at his room and his childhood photo album. Today I learned more about him. I felt so happy that we're filling the gaps and starting to know more about each other. There are two more things I only need to solve and thereafter, everything will seem perfectly fine in my life. I made a note that since we're here, I will visit and mend everything between my parents and me.