7. Scatterted feelings

My heart stopped hearing those words Levi had said to me. Did I really change him or is this a joke?

"Levi stop messing around". I said hoping he really wasn't. "You're right I should stop messing around". He said.

Here I was hoping I really did change him. Hoping him and I would actually become close and not argue all the time.

"Oh I see". I said before getting up and leaving. "Goodnight Mr. Ackerman".

I went into my apartment and jumped on my bed and covered my face with my pillow of full embarrassment knowing he was just joking around.

My feelings are all scattered. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

Levi's Pov:

Before saying another word (y/n) had left my apartment. Didn't she want me to say I was just joking around?

I did mean it though. She really did 'change' me but there I go and mess things up. When she got up she looked upset and embarrassed.

What was she expecting? I can't be attached to her knowing if she finds out about the truth then she will never even speak to us. I can't take the chance of becoming close to her.

(Y/n) Pov:

I looked at the clock and the time was 8:04pm. I couldn't sleep so I went downstairs and started to watch television shows. I got up and went into the fridge to grab some watermelon along with sugar.

I was currently watching criminal minds when my phone was buzzing. It was an unknown number that kept texting so I decided to read the text messages.

Unknown: Glad to see you survived the shooting.

Unknown: There won't be a next time.

Unknown: You need to know the truth about the Ackerman Operation.

What do they mean by the truth? I worked there for two years and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I trust Ackerman's operation so I decided to take a screenshot then I blocked their number.

I don't plan on showing the messages to them. Ever since I woke up everything seems off. I hate to ever doubt them but I want to at least know what they're hiding from me.

I decided to turn off the TV and go to my bed and sleep. Sleep is all I need right now. I just couldn't get the thing about Levi off my mind, it's bothering me so much.

I turned off my lamp and decided it would be best to forget about everything and just wait for tomorrow.

[Timeskip to the agency]

I was currently in Hange's office since I was needed for signing paperwork. I also had paperwork to do so I left Hange's office and decided to go to mine and I already saw a person no other than Mr. Ackerman.

"Is there anything I can help you with?". I asked sitting down in front of my desk. "We need you to sign this". Levi said.

"Who's we?". My voice was more cautious. "Why are you asking questions all of a sudden?". Ackerman spat back. "Is it wrong to ask questions?". I replied back.

"You've never asked questions before so why now?". He is really going to make me leave this job. I decided not to take it far so I grabbed the paper out of his hand.

I carefully scanned what they wanted me to sign. "Why are you taking your sweet time?". Cacamen said impatiently. I decided to ignore it and grabbed a pen and signed the paper.