22. Recovery

As much as I needed to get back on walking, I had no motivation. I thought I was going to be in the hospital for weeks, but instead, it was months.

Although, Levi did help. Sometimes he would drag me out of bed just to get me standing. 

The worst part of all was that he would 'accidentally' drop hot coffee on me, so I would get up and pace while being burned.

I was grateful to have him by my side. Even though he had his new job, he would always come up and check on me. 

But my pay was low! Like why would he not pay me for being there? I'm in the hospital, boss!

What's even more surprising is that the others also got a new job. 

Historia and Ymir had worked things out. Both of them work at Starbucks.

Conny and Sasha are both chefs! 

Conny does most of the cooking while Sasha feasts on the food. She was almost close to getting fired...again.

Armin was now working as a marine biologist. We knew Armin would perfectly match the job. 

Sometimes it's hard to believe, but Jean is working to become a model. 

At first, none of us took him seriously. We thought it was just a joke, but once he got his act together, we agreed he wasn't bad for modeling;

Eren is working to become an actor. That boy sure knows how to put an act on. 

Mikasa is a well-known hairstylist. When she had done Historia's hair for the first time, we were beyond shocked. I'm going to need her when my wedding comes up.

Hange is working as a forensic scientist. What could go wrong with Hange working there? 

Erwin is a principal at a college. If he were my principal sheesh...

I wouldn't know how to act around him.

Lastly, Marco is the photographer for Jean. He's done one hell of a task taking excellent photos.

Currently, I was holding on to the sidebars to keep myself from falling. It was already 4:00 pm. Levi wouldn't get off until an hour or two.

"Idiot, over here," I looked over to see Levi with a bag of food. "Food!" I ran towards him, but my legs gave out a bit resulting in me falling on my face while tons of people watched.

"Uhh, a little help," I asked, gesturing my hand out. "No, I'll get dirty," Levi said, walking away to sit at a table.

"Levi!" I whispered, raising my voice. "I'm not going to help you; you need to walk correctly," he stated, going towards the table. "Such a lovely boyfriend," I muttered, getting up.

I slowly was making my way towards Levi when I had stumbled a bit...again. "You alright, miss?" a blonde hair and green-eyed boy asked, holding onto me. Levi had seen and stopped what he was doing. I decided to take advantage of this.

"I was wondering if you could take me to that table over there," I asked, grabbing onto his left arm and locking it with mine. I looked over at Levi, and I realize that this wasn't a good idea to do.

The blonde boy had helped me reached the table where Levi was at. "Again, thank you so much," I replied. "It's no problem, miss," he responded, smiling generally. 

The boy soon had left, and I sat down waiting to eat. "I'm starving. What did you bring?" I asked, looking over to Levi, who was drinking his coffee. "You don't get any food," he said, putting my lunch back in the bag. 

"What? Why?!" I asked, stopping him from putting the food back. "Tell me (Y/n) you thought your little stunt was going to work on me, right?" he asked sternly while his eyes were piercing into me. "It looks like it did," I mumbled, hesitantly not to laugh.

"One more time?" he asked, scolding me. "Levi, it wasn't a stunt. If somebody were to help me like what that boy just did, it's out of kindness. It's faster for someone to help me, and it's easier for me to walk too," I responded, looking back at him.

"Fine," he breathed, pushing my food towards me. "Thank you!" I beamed, taking the food out of the bag. 

Levi had bought me Panda Express. How beyond grateful I was to have a man like him buy me my favorite food.

"Oh yea, why did you come early?" I asked, sipping on my soda while Levi looked up from his phone. "No reason," he responded, looking back down. "Was it because you wanted to see me?!" I playfully gasped, putting my hand over my mouth.

"No, it was because I had to keep an eye on you," he said, turning off his phone. "That still doesn't explain why you came early. You could've come after you were done with your job," I replied, tilting my head and smirking. 

"Oh, just admit it, Levi," I said, taking some food into my mouth. "I don't know what you're talking about," Levi said, setting his hand on his chin.  "Maybe you came here to tell me that you're wanting me to move in with you?" I fooled, doing the same as Levi. 

Levi's eye widened at the sudden words that came from my mouth. 

Oh shit! Was he for real? 

"I have to get back to my job," Levi said, getting up from his seat. "Wait! Levi!" I spoke, trying to get up. "We'll talk about this later, okay?" Levi replied, kissing me on the forehead. 

I saw Levi putting his blazer back on and left out of the hospital. "But who's going to help me walk back to my room?" I muttered, packing the food in the bag. 

I sighed, taking slow walks to get to my room. When I had tried walking on my left leg, it shook, causing me to fall on my butt. "At least the food didn't fall," I mumbled, going to the closest wall and trying to pick myself up from there.

Why did Levi leave all of a sudden? 

I had finally reached my hospital room to see that it was already open. 

I walked in to see that it was that jerk from earlier. 

"Levi, I thought you left?" I replied, setting the food down next to my bed. "I realized I couldn't go back to my job since I gave everyone the day off," he spoke, leaning back. 

"You're also getting discharged from the hospital," he spoke, leaving my mouth open a bit. "But I'm not fully healed," I replied, sitting on my bed. "I told the doctors that for now on. I'll be taking care of you," he responded, looking over at me.

"But my apartment, it's not even -" I was cut off by Levi getting up from his chair. "Remember the question you asked earlier?" he replied, walking up to me. "Yeah, the one about me moving in with you," I spoke, watching Levi sit next to me.

"I found this new home-" I cut Levi off by snapping my head towards him. "Levi, get to the point," I said, looking at him. I wasn't mad. I was excited to see where this was going.

"I'm telling you that I bought a new home for us to live in, dumbass," he said, rubbing his eyes. "LEVI!!" I yelled, unexpectedly hugging him.

Levi had got up and gestured his hand out for me to grab. I grabbed it, getting up from my bed.

"Let's go home."

---

A/n: This chapter was a little short since I wasn't so sure what to write. 

Remember to take very good care of yourselves! If anything is troubling you guys, then you can pm and lay it all out! I'm here 24/7.

Like literally.