SIXTEEN:Who killed her?

Two days earlier

Ire pov

"Damola are you sure this is the place?"

"Yes" He turns off the location on his phone. "What does it look like?"

"Like a dumping site or a place that is being renovated"

He chucles "Not everyone lives on the island like you, this is the mainland and everyone struggles to make a living here" He replied.

"What part of lagos is this?"

"Dopemu"

"What a beautiful place to behold" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I've been calling tina but she isn't picking" He said still calling the usher "switched off"

"Did she give you her address!" I asked.

"Yes, it says number 25 oluowo street"

We are in the middle of nowhere so how do we know this oluowo Street, as if Damola reads my mind--

"Why don't we ask one of the traders" He said.

We walk to a shop

"Oga well done oo, we get everything for here, even fufu because e be like say you never chop for long" She pushed the fufu to my face, I'm supposed to be offended but since I need her help I can't.

"Sorry we are not buying anything I actually need this address" I said giving her the piece of paper.

"I no fit read, say am for mouth"

"Number 24 oluowo Street"

"Na that place where that pikin die, you know am"

"Pardon" I said

"Wetin be pardon" She adjusted the hem of her wrapper."I no go school so speak small english"

"Em, we no know the pikin Wey die but we dey look for this address and na your help we need" Damola said. When did he learn pidgin, he can be surprising sometimes.

"Iya roshida, abeg come help dis people" She said calling the woman in the shop next to hers."Good meet am, she fit tell you the forefathers 9f everyone for this area"

"Forefathers?"

She shrugs and continue grinding the pepper with her. We walked to the next shop.

"Good afternoon ma"

"How may I help you" The iya roshida asked. At least someone knows English here.

"We are looking for number 24 oluowo Street" Damola said. She stopped separating the vegetables and looked up at us.

"We are looking for one miss tina" I add incase that is needed.

"And why should I help you?'

We explained our reason for being here but left out some important things.

"Take a seat"

Finally.

Wait. Why are we sitting down, i wanted to ask.

"If you keep on standing there it is your legs that will hurt and if you leave out of annoyance you wold come back because everyone will direct you back to me"

We sat.

"It's the curse" She began "Twenty one years ago tina was born...". We stayed for over thirty minutes before the story ended.

"Thanks ma for the information so we need to locate this place"

"Go and see for yourself the outcome of tina" She called for a child of about twelve years to show us the direction.

******************

The building is a small bungalow. Something was odd, there is an ambulance and some police personnel around the place. We walked into the main building as no one noticed our presence.  What is hoping on? The small living room was filled broken glasses and blood.

"Damola, are we in the right place?" I asked.

"If that little boy gave us the right direction then this is definitely the place"

"Sorry sir, but how can we help you?" A paramedic man asked.

"We are looking for miss tina" I said

"Who are you to her?"

"We need her help" I state

"Come with me" We followed him into a room and saw a dead body  about to be wrapped up on the floor.

"Is this the miss tina?"

I went close to take a look. It was her.

"Yes, what happened?"

"Well, her neighbours said she was robbed during midnight"

"Robbed?"

"Yes" He said and walked away.

The body is full of scars and she was stabbed in the head.

How did you spend your Christmas?

Vote
Comment
Share