THIRTY SEVEN: Back To The Ones I Love

Ire pov

"Ire?" I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders.

"You need something?" I asked her adjusting the pillow on her head.

"Today is Wednesday" She reminded me.

Wednesday, I promised to take her to the room where Ifunanya had her baby two days ago.

"You are going to see the baby after the doctor checks on you"

"Who dies he look like, you haven't told me"

Just then, Adaeze parent along with mine came into the room, I wasn't expecting my mom since she doesn't care about Adaeze and on top it all, she had this concerned look.

Adaeze's mom waved the small basket in her hand "We brought fruits for you especially apple, like the saying, an apple a day keep the doctor away"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, what's the use of bringing the fruit when she is already in the hospital.

They all went to give Adaeze an hug expect my mom who stood in a corner of the room.

"The doctor said she will be discharged tomorrow since her body is responding to treatment" Dad announced.

**********    ************    ************

Adaeze pov

My parents went back home since they had things to do while Ire and his father were talking about business stuff.

"Adaeze?" Ire's mom called.

I looked up from the magazine Ire bought for me, his mom was seated by my bed already.

"I want to say sorry for all I've done, I know I've hurt you and done a lot of things, I'm sorry" She said.

"It's no problem, you wanted what you thought was best for your son that's why you never wanted me in his life, I forgive you for everything" I replied.

If Stella was here right now, she would have slapped my head for forgiving his mom easily.

"Thanks you so much" She pulled me in for a hug.

Ire was looking at me when I looked up, he had this confused look while his father was smiling.

*********   **********

"The baby is tiny and cute" I cooed at him, he opened his tiny eye but closed it immediately.

"And pink" Ire added.

He wanted to touch the baby hand but another hand slapped it

"Don't touch my baby" Olamide voice echoed, everyone laughed.

Ifunanya pulled Olamide close to her as he was already ranting on how Ire was planning to pinch the baby.

"What's his name?" Ire asked

I elbowed him "wait"

"We are literally family, just say his name or I'm giving him one now"

"His name is Olamide junior" Olamide shouted making everyone laugh.

"No, let Damola get back and we'll say it" Ifunanya spoke.

The baby started crying and I handed him over to his mother.

Ire went to lean on the wall pulling me along with him.

"So..."

"So what?" I asked.

"How many kids are we having?" He whispered.

I shook my head. As he said that it brought this warmth in my heart knowing he wants to have kids with me, then he wants to marry me.