TWENTY FOUR: House Broken Into

Ire living room above

Adaeze pov

I walked out of the elevator on the last floor, going to ire's office. I placed a knock on the door and entered after hearing a come in.

"Adaeze, you are here " He said.

"Yes, I promised to make cupcakes for you " I replied. I dropped the cupcakes on the table and headed for the door before he stopped me.

"Why are you leaving?"

"I have a list to make" please don't tell me to stay, please.

He studied me like he was seeing through my lie. "You can go"

Thank God.

********************

"Would you love to come in?" I asked, after he packed in front of the house.

"Yes "

Stella travelled yesterday to visit her mom so I'm stuck lone in the house.

We walked to the front door, it wasn't locked. I did lock it. The handle was broken to show that someone broke into the house.

"Did you lock your door?"Ire asked.

"I did"

"Let me check it out, stay here" He walked into the living room while I stayed at the veranda.

I wanted to follow him but my legs decide the betray me by staying  rooted to the ground. He came out few minutes later.

"Your house was broken into" He said.

I walked pass him and entered the building. To say the place was messed up would be an understatement.

The living room was totally upside down, the sofas were scattered in all corners of the room, the glass center table was broken including the one at the dining section and the pieces were scattered around.

I walked into the kitchen, it was not exempted. All plates and duos were broken, the spices spread out on the floor.

My files?

I ran out of the kitchen. Ire was still in the living room making calls to someone, it sounded like the police. I ran up the stairs into my room, my wardrobe was opened.

I looked under my bed where my secret box was, it was still there but things were missing. I pulled it out. My diary was gone, my whole life is in that diary. My birth certificate was missing including the jewellery box my mother gave me, the only thing that reminds me of them was gone.

"Are you okay?" Ire asked, entering the room.

My mind was far too gone to answer that question, does it look like I'm okay when someone broke into my house and took all my things.

"Are you okay Adaeze?" He asked again.

"No, I'm not okay, my documents are missing" I almost screamed at him but maintain my calm because it isn't his fault.

"Don't worry, the police are on their way" He tried to assure me.

Stupid police, what usefulness are they to this country not to talk of me.

********************

Let's just say that whosoever broke into my house was coming after me. Stella things weren't touched which makes my suspicions right. They were after me, I mean, are after me. My documents, diary and pictures are yet to be found but the police are still doing investigations.

Ire forced me to move my things and Stella's over to his house saying we weren't safe. I agreed after hearing his mom is no longer staying with him.

"Hey, good morning, I made breakfast for you" He entered the room carrying a trial contains food.