THIRTY: SIT

Adaeze pov

"Thanks you so much" I said after releasing ire from the hug.

"For?" He asked

"Persuading me to visit my parents, If I didn't meet you in wouldn't be witnessing a day like you" I said.

"You are welcome. If I didn't stop pursuing you after we met maybe this day wouldn't have come" he winked at me.

I smacked his hand

"Ouch. What was that for?"

I placed my hands on my hips "Next time I thank you for something, don't let it enter you head"

"He rolled his eyes "yeah whatever"

I turned on the television set to see if there's anything I've missed. After scrolling for what seems like hours and finding nothing to watch, I slumped on the couch.

"There's nothing to watch" I said.

"How about we watch any movie on Netflix on my phone?" Ire suggested.

"No thanks" I blushed looking away. I don't want anything that would bring us even more closer. I took off the heels that has been aching my legs all day and began walking up the stairs with ire following behind.

Stella's door was slightly ajar so I walked in to see if she was asleep.

She was sleeping,  that surprising because she sleeps late at night.  Maybe something came up or she's going out early, you tomorrow.

"Is she sleeping?" Ire asked.

"Shhh, you scared me" I whispered.

"Sorry" he whispered back.

I tiptoe towards the door so as to avoid waking Stella up but ire spoilt it.

He started coughing.

"Shhh"

Stella groaned before her eyes flew open. "Adaeze, is that you?" She sat up rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

"Yes we just came back and sorry for waking you up" I said feeling guilty.

"I slept not to long ago. How did the visit go?"

I smiled "I'm happy I met them, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Go to sleep"

She yawned "close the door behind you when you leave"

I pulled ire out of the room and we moved over to mine.

I gave him my phone "read me a bedtime story"

He looked confused "are you a child?"

"I missed most of the things I was trying to do during my childhood days and I'm trying to start afresh" I said

"Em, where-"

"Just go to wattpad and search for a book called don't write me off" I climbed on the bed.

"Where is your phone hanging?"

Not again. Does this phone always have to embarrass me.

"You should get a new one, this is the outdated version" he said.

Ouch.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it that way"

"I understand" I replied "I don't have time to start buying phone, I'm saving up my money" I said

"For?"

"University. There area lot to buy and phone didn't enter the list"

"Have you made plans for your next month salary?" He asked getting good on the bed.