SEVENTEEN: Birthday party

Happy new year, take me gift.
Ire pov

"I got her phone" Damola said.

"How?"

"I have ways"

"There is something behind this death"

"Or maybe someone"

"Keep the phone,  we will read all her texts messages and if possible listen to the calls"

*********************

Present

It's David birthday, one of my friends from high school. He said it was going to be a small party but what I'm seeing here doesn't look like one.

I brought Adaeze ans Stella with me, the major reason I'm here is that I need David's help.

"Hey bro, you came" david said after hugging me. He has a lady beside him.

"Hey, heard this was going to be a small party?"

"It was but the friends i invited brought their friends and there friends brought more friends" He answered.

"That's nice"

"Who is this two ladies beside you?"

"This is Adaeze and stella"

"This is lolo" He said introducing the lady beside him.

"Em, David we need to talk after the party, I need your help"

"Why don't we talk now that more guests haven't arrived"

***********************

"....so that's all" I said after explaining the whole situation to him.

"Where is the phone?" He asked.

"This is it" Damola said handing it over. He came not long ago because he followed ifunaya to the hospital for some checkups.

"Babe, can you help with all the information on the phone" He said to lolo.

"Why?" I asked.

"She deals with case like this"

"Guess this is how you met " Damola said.

"Yes, I was helping him solve a case " lolo replied. This is the first time she talked since, guess she's the quiet type.

"Thanks for helping david"

"You know, if all of this leads to Sekemi at the end we won't call the police" Stella said.

"Why?" David asked.

"I have to show her what I'm made of before handing her over to the police" Stella said jokingly but I know she meant it.

"No Stella, I will deal with her before handing her to you" lolo states. We all look at her and david laughed, I take back my word of lolo being the quiet type.

"She has dealt with someone once and it wasn't pleasant to watch" david said standing up along with lolo. "I have a party to attend to" with that they left.

"I have to take this call" Damola said leaving.

"My makeup is not welldone and tonight might be my night" Stella said and I laughed.

"But you have a boyfriend" Adaeze said.

"That's one that has travelled abroad a long time ago and my bible says mine shall not love by bread alone but by everything that cometh from the mouth of the lord" Stella said picking up her purse. "Let me go and look for husband" She left.

There was silence afterwards.

"Em, ire?"

"Yes"

"I just want to thathank you for everything you have been doing for me and for believing me" She said.

"It's nothing and you shouldn't be thanking me until everything is solved"

Silence

Silence

"Why are you helping me?" She asked suddenly.

"Because you are my friend and that's what friends do to one another in time of need" I answered. Friends?. A relationship starts from some where as said by damola, but I hope mine would move to the next level.

"Who said you are my friend?"

Ouch. She saw my expression. "sorry, what I mean is that we never talked about being friends"

"Oh, hi my name is ire and can I be your friend?" I asked.

"My name is Adaeze and I will think about being your friend" She replied and we both laugh.

"It's a beautiful night" I said looking up at the sky.

"Yeah and it's indeed beautiful for people like stella" She replied looking at Stella who was already laughing with a guy. I looked away away but stopped to look back, the guy was backing me but he seems familiar. He turned around and I'm shocked.

Here's my gift from me to you, corona virus will not stop us from achieving our dreams this year ijn.

Vote
Comment
Share
To lizzyposh