THIRTY FIVE: Kidnapped

sekemi pov

I stood up from the rug taking the half drank bottle from the table with me to check who was knocking on the door. I couldn't make out who was there so I opened the door.

"Dad?" I called surprised.

His eyes drifted from my face down then stopped at the bottle which I was still holding. Mom came forward and stood beside him.

"I'm not surprised you have stopped drinking, shift" He shoved me aside and enter my small living room along with mum.

My cerebrum decide not to work voluntarily as I could not find any come back for him. I locked the door behind me but not before checking to see if anyone followed them.

I moved into the room and cleared off the drugs which were on the stool beside my chair which reeked of alcohol. Mom was already sitted but dad stood beside her as he examined the place.

"I've made an appointment for you with a therapist so you must be prepared because your mental health needs to be checked" he said like he was doing something good for me.

"What did you say?" I asked wanting to hear that again.

"You heard me sekemi, you are not in your right senses and you know that"

I laughed as the alcohol starting having its effect on me "Just because I am fighting for what is rightfully mine does not mean I am not normal" I said laying emphasis on each word.

"Ire is not a thing to call yours sekemi, get that into your head" He raised his voice expecting a flinch from me but he does not know that this is a new version of me.

"You!" I pointed to mum "You brought him here to talk shit"

She stood up "No Sekemi, what you are about to do is wrong. Your father and I wants what's best for you"

"I would do anything to get Ire back even if it means I have to erase Adaeze and anyone on my path"

"Sekemi try anything stupid and I won't hesitate to hand you to the police " Dad threatened.

I looked at him with pity and dropped the bottle on the floor making the content spill over the small room.

"Really dad, can you report your one and only child to the police, such a pity if you do cause no one would be with you in your old age"

"Try me"

I walked to the door and pulled it open "Get out"

**********  ************

Adaeze pov

"Call me if you need anything" Ire said again.

"Yeah"

I collected my bag from him and walked over to the canteen door, I turned back and saw him still looking at me probably waiting till I enter the building.

"Hi Adaeze" Mike greeted as I got in.

"Hi" I replied with a high pitched voice.

"Can we talk?"

"About what?" I avoided his eyes. My eyes darting from a chair to the menu in a man's hand, back and forth like that.

"Remember the last time I spoke to you about-"

I shut him off "Mike, that is in the past I don't want to talk about it again" I looked him in the eyes when I said this.

"Are you dating Mr Ire?"

I was surprised by that question. I didn't know the answer how give him because ire and I has not talked about letting people know.

"No, I guess that is all you wanted to talk about" I answered