CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Rescue

Ire pov

I walked out of the board room feeling frustrated after the decisions the board members made. Damola tapped my shoulder and walked into his office.

I looked up to check if Tina was on seat, she was typing away on the computer but why was Dapo with her?

"Dapo, what are you doing here?" I asked him

He stood up "Sir, I was told my attention was needed in your office"

"I never called you, I said you should wait at Adaeze's door, which part of that sentence do you not understand" Tina stopped typing as her attention was now on us.

"I'm sorry sir"

I turned away from him and walked into the elevator. This is like the first time the elevator moved slowly because it took forever to get to the ground floor.

I walked out of the building and headed straight to the canteen ignoring all the greetings. I moved to Adaeze office, she was not in not even her bag indicating she has gone.

I scroll through my contacts stopping at Jesse my driver, he picked on the first ring.

"Jesse, have you picked adaeze?" I asked him

"No sir, I'm on my way"

Damola entered the office with Dapo. "I'll call you back" I said more to my self before cutting the call.

"Damola-" my phone vibrated again, without checking the number I answered.

"The time is moving fast just like my love for you is moving fast" I sat on Adaeze's table.

"Sekemi"

"I'm glad you still remember my voice, that's sweet of you" She said.

"Where's Adaeze?"

"Right here with me, how long does she sleeps?"

"What do you want sekemi?"

"Come and get Adaeze in the next twenty four hours or she would die, someone has to die here which would be her but at least I'm a little considerate by allowing you to see her before she dies.

An address would be sent come alone, I repeat come alone don't you dare try to bring that stupid friend of yours, David or the police, remember the table has turned" She ended the call.

"Sir I'm -"

"Please Dapo, not now let me think"

"Should I call David?" Damola asked, he handed me a cup of water.

"Yes, I won't go alone" I stated

*********** *********

Adaeze pov

I tried opening my eyes but closed it back due to the brightness of the light. I opened it again but slowly this time around.

A bulb was placed in the middle of the room right above my head. The cold hard floor piercing through my skin, I looked at my body sighing in relief that I was wearing cloth, at least my kidnappers had little sense left.

My hands were tied to my back and my legs also making it difficult to move. The door was thrown open as if my kidnapper knew I was away and a guy who looked like he was in his early twenties entered with a bucket.

"Oh you dey awake sef, na God save you this fish water for don't land for your face now" He said

"Where am I?" I asked ignoring his statement.

"Dey ask me"

"Loosen this rope, it is to tight" I said trying to sound firm, he doesn't have to see that I'm afraid.