TWENTY SEVEN: The Suprise

Adaeze

I stared at the mirror once more, the black gown fitted with my makeup well done.

Ire is organising a 'small party' according to what he said, to celebrate the success of his company which I don't believe because today is his birthday. The party won't be a small one cause Stella invited lots of people and those people would invite more.

My phone chimed indicating a notification. It was Stella telling me to come downstairs. I slowly put on the glass slipper heel ire gifted me yesterday.

The door slammed open, of course it was Stella.

"Don't break the door" I said.

"How long does it take to dress, ire has been looking for you"

She started pulling me like I can't walk by myself.

"This heels won't make me walk fast Stella!"

"That's because you haven't gotten used to them yet" She replied, still pulling me.

"Maybe I should wear snickers instead" I suggested.

She stopped walking making me bump into her "Ouch!"

"Adaeze when will you have fashion sense, have you seen anyone wearing snickers on a long gown below the knees" She placed her hands on her hips. Come to think of it, I'm just noticing she has one.

"I can't be the first one, you know-"

"Just keep quiet, we have a party to destroy" She turned around to head for the door but I pulled her back.

"Destroy?"

"Destroy azin eat, drink and you know the rrst" She said.

I creased my eyebrows in confusion  I don't know the rest"

"You are so old fashioned Adaeze.  My boyfriend is waiting for me" She said

"Demilade?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm not looked you who won't admit that ire is your boyfriend" She said moving back slowly.

"Stella!"

"What?"

"Ire is not my boyfriend" I sand wanting to use my purse to wacky the back of her head.

"Do you want to tell me that you don't like him?" She asked looking at me. Those eyes that can never accept defeat.

"Maybe I like him but can't tell him" I said.

"Oh my gawd!, oh my gawd!, I knew it" The way she is screaming would attract unnecessary attention.

"Lower your voice" I whispered.

"I knew you love him-"

"Like" I corrected.

She rolled her eyes "There's no difference, tell me when you started having feelings for him"

"We have a party to attend" I said and ran out of the room, my heels decided not to betray me.

"Adaeze! You owe me an explanation" Stella voice echoed down the corridor.

So, I admitted my new feelings for ire to Stella.

I walked down the stairs before stopping at the last one to watch how the 'small party' was going.

Of course this was not a small party. You can't see about fifty or thereabouts people in a small party, you can't hire ushers for a small party, you can't-

"Boom!" Someone yelled into my ears.

Ire's sister, what's her name again?

"Hi sister adaeze" she gave me a hug.

I pulled away after a while "Hi em-"

She feigned hurt placing her hands on her chest "Teniola and I'm hurt that you don't remember my name"

"I'm sorry"

"I heard you moved in my my brother I'm happy" She punched me on my shoulders, Ouch!

"Thank you and I love your crazy jeans" I said

She's wearing a crazy Jean with a white top. Her hair was packed into two buns.

"Thank you. I've you seen my brother?"

"No" I scanned the place as I caught sight of ire who was already looking at me. He raised the heads he was holding while I shook my head.

"You are blushing" Teni said.

I smiled cheekily at her." Your brother is over there"

"I saw him because you were blushing. I have to go but we have lots of catching up to do" She winked at me before going to meet some girls her age.

I walked over to ire. Damola and his wife was also standing with him.

"Hi" I greeted

"Hey, took you long to come out" Ire said as I stood beside him.

"Sorry" I turned to damola's wife "You must be Ifeoma.  Nice to meet you" I said.

"Nice to meet you too. I've heard lots about you" She replied.

*********

The time is 8:27pm and yet more people are coming. Ire introduced me to his friends and people he went to school with.

"I want go introduce you to one more person who is like my little brother" He said.

We walked past people who were chatting amongst themselves before we stopped.

"Chinonso,  meet my friend Adaeze,  and Adaeze this is Chinonso and his parents"

The couple who were standing beside chinonso turned and I got a better view of them.

I froze in shock. Everything started turning blurry as I was hearing someone calling my name. The last I remember was someone carrying me.

**********

What so you think of this chapter?

Vote
Comment
Share

Chapter dedicated to Antracia