x

Armin's POV

After a few moments Eren cuddled me into his arms so my head was resting on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, which was incredibly comforting to me. Next thing I knew I woke up from the sun peering in through the curtains of Eren's room.

I was still cuddled close to Eren and he was still fast asleep. Not wanting to move away from this feeling of comfort and content warmth, I stayed put.
Feeling Eren's chest rise and fall as he breathed, and hearing the soft beat of his heart reminded me that he was real. That this was real.

After Eren woke up and we got up neither of us said anything about what had happened. We didn't need to.

"Eren, when are you going to clean this pigsty of a room?" I chuckled looking around at the mess.

"I don't feel like it," He groaned, throwing on a clean shirt and tossing the other one on the floor.

I picked up the shirt he had just tossed on the floor, "This is what I'm talking about. At least throw your dirty clothes in the hamper!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever, I don't mind living in filth," He replied.

I sighed through my nose. Well I minded. I basically lived here and this filth is driving me nuts.

Just then an idea popped into my head, "How about we clean up your room today. I'll help you. It'd make me feel better because I come over so often," I said.

"Fine," Eren agreed.

We began by putting all of the dirty clothes in the hamper and throwing out old soda cans. I began dusting off shelves while Eren took the garbage bags downstairs.

I was cleaning around and picking up scraps of anything I came across.

There was a crumpled piece of paper in the corner, I assumed it was old school work, but out of curiosity I opened it anyway.

It was a letter addressed to me. The date marked April. I guess he never gave it to me, or was never planning on it.

I read through it,

Armin,
I wanted to write this to say I am so sorry for getting upset with you. I just want to help you because knowing that you're struggling makes me want to do something about it. I understand that it's annoying or hard to talk about your feelings, but you can trust me right? We're friends after all. You know, I've never really been that close to anyone besides Mikasa. Everyone at school is just fake friends and fake popularity. But I feel like I have a genuine connection and friendship with you. Because of you I've been doing a lot better in school and I feel more motivated to do things. I guess what I really wanted to say was, thank you.

-Eren

I beamed at the note, wanting to cherish it forever.

"What are you reading!" Eren lunged at me to grab the paper. Our faces were inches away from each other. I held out the paper out of Eren's reach.

"Your welcome," I replied with a soft smile.

"Huh?" Eren looked puzzled.

"The letter, you were thanking me."

"Oh yeah. I kind of didn't want you to see that." Eren rubbed the back on his neck.

"I figured, but I'm glad I did. Mind if I keep it?" I asked Eren.

"Not at all."

"I'll treasure it," I said with a gentle smile towards Eren.

Just then he leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek. My face heated up and I got all red. Eren just walked away with a smirk on his face even though I could see blush creeping across his cheeks.