Chapter 37

Destiny's pov

I was going through the mails for few hours now. Liam is sleeping peacefully on my lap. I just didn't expect to turn out things like this. But I am happy about it. I can't keep my feelings hidden for so long.

The things we did in this morning were beyond my thoughts. And I was the one who initiated the kiss. Yet he was the one who confessed his feelings first. I don't know I made the correct decision by letting him in. The way he kissed me shows he is not leaving me anytime soon. And it seems like I also won't be leaving him. I want to give this a try.

My thoughts were cut off from my mobile ringing. I quickly picked up not looking at the caller ID, not wanting to disturb Liam.

"Hello"

"Hey Des, can we just meet up today" Ava said in a really low voice. Like she would cry any second now.

"Ava. What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just want to meet up" she asked.

"Okay when do you want to meet"

"After I finish my work, we can meet at your favorite cafe" she said.

"Okay, when I reach there I will give you a call" I said, she replied and cut the call. She seemed upset.

I looked at the time, I have an hour to meet up with her.

I continued my work. I still have few things to complete but I have to meet Ava. And I can't leave Liam alone. I was about to call Lily, when she came into Liam's room.

"You came, I was about to call you. I want to go now, I have to meet up with a friend. And about your work, I will complete it by today night and send it to you" I asked.

"It's okay, send it to me by night. You can go now. I have been giving you trouble about Liam" she said as she sat on the end of the bed.

"Oh no. It's okay. I would help you anytime" I smiled at her.

"Thank you dear. And tomorrow meet me at the building early. I won't allow Liam to come to the work tomorrow. He needs rest" she said.

"Okay then, I will go now" I said and placed the laptop on the night stand. I lifted Liam head slowly and placed on the pillow. I wanted to give him a kiss on the cheek but Liam's mom is here. So I didn't do it. I picked up my bag and my yesterday clothes which I found in the hamper and went to the door. With one last glance at him, I went out. Lily followed me to the front door.

"Thank you for taking care of him. I didn't know what would I have done without you" she said.

When I reached the front door, I turned towards her. I hugged her, letting her know I am there.

"It's okay. If you need anything let me know" I pulled back.

"I will drop you back. Wait here let me get my keys" she said turning back. I grabbed her arm.

"No, I can go on my own. It's not even dark yet. I will get the cab" I assured her.

"OK dear. Be safe" she said patted my cheek. I nodded and left Liam's house.

I have reached the cafe where Ava wanted to meet. I sat there looked outside waiting for her. I ordered a cake.

The door opened, Ava can in. She looked really sad. She came and sat across me.

"What happened" I asked slowly.

She started a silent sob. I got up and sat next to her and hugged her. She hugged back, I started comforting her rubbing her back. After few minutes she calmed down. I asked.