Chapter 56

Liam's pov

Everything was good. We all are having so much fun. I was playing with Nick after lunch. Ladies are in the kitchen cleaning up. And all mens are in the living room watching sports. Nick has started talking little. He would call mama. I heard he is still learning to walk.

My father and David became instant friends, like there are buddies for years. They are sitting infront of TV, fighting about the teams who is going to win. I haven't seen my father like this. Well me and Nick are watching them. Nick babbled something. I picked him up and made him stand on my thighs.

"They are acting like teenagers. Aren't they" I asked him. He babbled again.

I got up and placed him on the ground. I grabbed his hands and made him walk. I was behind him. I slowly left his hands, he put one step and sat down. I again made him stand. I helped him few times.

"Come on buddy. You can do it" I said and making him walk. I left his hands, he stepped forward. He didn't fell. He kept another step and another, then fell down.

"Well done boy" I said picking him up.

"Why don't you show your mother what you learnt" I said. I went towards the kitchen and peaked inside, everyone were talking.

"Are you ready, don't fall okay" I said patting his back. He put his hand on my face. I know he understood what I said. I placed him down at the entrance of kitchen.

"Mama" he called and stepped forward. Everyone looked at us, I left his hands. He walked slowly one step at a time. Amanda got up in shock and kneeled down on the ground.

"Yes sweetie. Come to mama" Amanda cried.

"Mama" he said walking to her. He reached for her hands. He was four steps away from her when he fell. He crawled to her. Amanda picked him up and kissed his face. His giggled clapping his hands.

"Mama" he said.

"You did very good sweetie" Amanda said standing up. All the ladies were happy seeing them. Destiny came to me and stood beside me. I put my hands on her waist as she leaned into me.

Suddenly Nick cried reaching his hands for me. Amanda tried to control him, but he didn't calm down.

"Here give to me" I said removing my hand from Destiny. Amanda gave Nick to me, he calmed down immediately. He reached towards Destiny's and pushed her head away from me. I laughed out loud.

Looks like someone is jealous.

Destiny was shock with wide eyes and her mouth open. Mother, Elizabeth and Amanda laughed.

"Looks like someone doesn't like you now" I said chuckling.

"You little munchkin, he is my boyfriend" Destiny said crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes at him playfully. He just looked away from her and hugged me by my neck. I laughed at his sassy action.

"Great my own nephew is jealous of his aunt" she said throwing her hands up.

"Let that boy play with Liam now. Don't worry dear, you will get Liam all to yourself in the night" Elizabeth said rolling her eyes. Destiny blushed and hid her face in my shoulder.

"Mom" she whined. Amanda and my mother laughed at her. I patted Nick back as I saw his eyes dropping. Amanda came to me and took Nick from me.

"I will put him for sleep for few hours" she said going out. I put my arm around Destiny and leaned towards her ear.

"As they said, you have me all night to yourself. What are planning to do" she slapped my chest and blushing. I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Do you want any help in the kitchen for tonight's dinner" I asked Elizabeth.