Chapter 39

Destiny's pov

Yesterday was a busy day. I don't know how Liam manages so many meetings in a day. Attending two meetings made me go crazy. At afternoon, Liam's father helped a little. I didn't get time to call Liam to check on him. But James said he was okay.

After dinner with Ava and Nathan, I called my dad and talked about Ava's brother. He is so ready to help them. Yesterday Ava's brother was shifted to my dad's hospital and he is looking after it.

Today I get to see Liam again. I am so excited to see him. I dressed in one of my favorite outfit. I came to the building at my usual time, when I came to my desk I saw a bouquet of flowers and my favorite chocolates on the desk. I smiled at that. I quickly made his coffee and took his today's schedule and knocked at his door with a full blown smile on my face. I heard 'come in'. I opened the door looked at him, but I found a girl on his desk sitting there going through a magazine. I frown at it.

'Who is she? What she is doing in here?' my mind asked.

'How would I know, is she his girlfriend' I said.

'You fool, if he had girlfriend why would he ask you for a date' my mind asked.

'Yeah. But he wouldn't allow any woman like this in here' I said

My thoughts stopped when I heard my name being called.

"Miss Walker" Liam called. He was sitting in his chair. I came in and placed the coffee and schedule.

"Good morning sir, here is your schedule" I said looked at him. He was looking better than before. But in his eyes I can see the mischievnes in it. Again, I gave a side glance at the woman. Now she was looking at me or more like analysing me. I quickly looked at Liam, he was smirking at me.

"Destiny meet Sophia, Sophia meet Destiny, my personal assistant" Liam introduced, I looked at him dumbfounded. Did he just introduced me as his PA.

'Then what are you to him, his girlfriend' my mind asked in duh tone.

'Well I am his friend right, and he didn't say what she was to him except her name'

I narrowed my eyes at him and looked at her. I gave a small smile and said "Hello".

She smiled back and said "Hello". I looked back at him blankly and said.

"I am getting back to work. If there is anything, let me know sir" I said and went out with shutting the door. I sat on my chair and looked at the chocolates. I don't want to eat now. I put them in my bag.

Did he forget what happened on Tuesday. And who is she. And what would they be doing now. I again looked the door. Shit why did I close it, I should have left it open. I got up from the seat and went to open it. I stopped in mid way.

'what hell am I doing'

I retrieved back to my seat sulking. I continued to work. But my eyes would go back to his door. After few minutes, I started hearing them laugh. What made him laughing. I got up from the chair and leaned my ear on the door. But I didn't hear anything.

Suddenly, the door was opened and I yelped standing straight looking up. I met Liam's eyes, which showed amusement. I looked next to him, the girl hands were placed on his arms. I again looked up at him.

"Miss Walker, what were doing at the door" he asked raising an eyebrow at me smirking.

"Not....nothing. I just saw something on the door, thought to remove it" I said glancing at the girl.

"Well continue what you were doing, I am going out for now" he said. I moved back to give them space. As he took two steps. I called him.

"But Mr. Collins" hearing me he stopped walking and turned to me raising his eyebrows. I think, I saw the girl trying to control her facial expression from laughing " You have.... " I was looking here and there "You have meeting" I said.