Chapter XXI: Explanation

Jacob

I stood next to Sky with an arm in front of her protectively as he stared at her in a weird way. "What do you want from us? " Sky asked coldly. He just smirked at her before replying "I want you dead that's what I want" My anger suddenly boiled up, I took few steps back and changed immediately standing in front of my imprint growling at the psycopath in front of her.

"Jake! It's fine, it's ok" She said as she tried to pull me back. I walked a bit back and nudged her, she put her forehead against my wolf one gently, it immediately made me calm down and I layed next to her still in my wolf form just in case. I saw her smile down at me and I put my head on her foot as she spoke to the other shape-shifter.

"You know you have no chance against me. You may think you can take me but you can't, trust me on this one. I have been fighting my entire life to keep myself alive, I've fought wolves, shape-shifter, hunters with guns and vampires. I'm the alpha of an awesome pack and apparently of another one too so if you think you can take me you are damn wrong" She said in a voice full of confidence that impressed me and sure as hell impressed him too. He just stared at her in shock then ran off into the forest.

"Well that was easier than I thought it would be" She said giggling a bit. I shifted back to human and hugged her. She pulled away from the hug, pulled me down a bit and kissed me sweetly. I wrapped my arm around her waist as I kissed back. She smiled through the kiss making me smile as well. After a while we pulled away for air and I pressed her forehead against mine. "I love you Skylar" I whispered, she smiled "I love you too Jacob".

Few minutes later we were back in Emily's house and they wouldn't stop asking Sky if she was ok, what happened and who that guy was. She finally snapped and shouted "HEY SHUT IT! " They all shut up as I wrapped a comforting arm around her, she leaned into me side and looked at me, she wanted me to explain it. "Ok.. So uhm.. What happened is none of your business, the only thing I can tell y'all is that we found out who her parents are. Her father was the alpha of the fallen pack, a very old and powerful pack. When he got banned from the territory for a reason you just don't need to know Sky became the alpha since she was his only child. That dude came here to kill her so he could be the alpha" I explained. Everyone looked at us shocked.

"So you're telling me that she's the alpha of not one, but TWO packs and that some crazy psicopath is here to kill her?! " Jared asked in disbelief. Sky and I both nodded. "Right.... So what  do we do now? " Quil asked. Sky and I looked at each other, both not knowing what our next move would be.

She looked at the rest of the pack and replied "I don't know yet.. Uhm.. So the person that  sent me the letter and the rest of the pack are in town until tomorrow.. I'm gonna go see them at  sundown and  talk with them  and well, Jake obviously won't like the idea of me going alone so I guess he'll come too. The rest of y'all will take our  shifts for the night and  I don't want anyone following us.. If you  try you  know I'll find out and it  won't be fun so just don't  do it. If we howl that  means we need help but otherwise I don't want anyone around" Her voice was full of authority, her thick Southern accent showing more than ever, the pack nodded obidiently.

I was smiling to myself at  the fact that she grew to know every move I'd make.

After talking for a while she sent Seth and Quil on patrol and said that Leah and Paul would go when they got back. I laughed at the fact  she had put them together again, she  had been doing it a lot lately because they  were growing closer and she knew it.

"Jake, Sky, we're going to the beach to play some games and stuff, you two wanna come? "  Jared asked, I glanced at Sky just to realise she looked exhausted. "Thanks Jared but we'll stay here for the moment"  I replied with a small smile, he nodded and him, the guys and Leah went running to La Push laughing.

When they disappeared from our sight I turned to my imprint with a worried look on my face, she was leaning against the wall.  She looked broken, exhausted and as if she was in pain. "Hey are you  alright?" I asked worriedly. She looked at me and tried to smile but failed greatly "I uhm... You know finding out that your parents abandoned you like a piece of trash leaving you with people trying to kill you isn't exactly the nicest thing you would want to find out.. I just feel like I'm putting all of you in danger and I can't have that. I hate it. I'm supposed to protect y'all and I'm doing the exact opposite " She replied with her voice breaking over the sentences.

I felt her saddnes growing inside me because of the imprint bond. I walked over to her and hugged her, holding her for a while so she could feel safe. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. And you know, if it wasn't for you, more than one of us would be dead right now, me one of them. So please don't accuse yourself of making us unsafe because it's quite the opposite. You were the one that saved me from that vampire remember? You saved those tiny cubs, you went after Paul to calm him down every single time, if it wasn't for your decision to fight against the newborns the Cullens, Bella and half of town would've been dead right now so I don't want you blaming yourself for putting us in danger, got it?" I then said seriously.

She looked up at me with teary eyes but with a tiny smile. "I won't let them get to you or any pack member... I promise" She whispered before I pulled her into a kiss. She kissed back and I could taste her salty tears through the kiss.

"You know I'll love and protect you no matter what, right?" She asked when we pulled back. I smiled and wiped her tears. "I know you will and I will too" I replied in a whisper. She hugged me and when we pulled back we went to the beach with the others to get our minds off of what we would  have to do that evening at sundown and off of all that happened that day.

#edited#