12.

Aditya Rajwansh :

After the entire Krish fiasco, I took the lift and went towards my flat. I heard a faint voice from Prerna's flat like "Leave my mind. I hate you"

(Who does she hate?)

I was really curious why she said that though. I was fidgeting with keys and suddenly her door opened. And obviously my head turned in that direction.

She was wearing a night gown and I suppose she was cleaning her house. She lifted her head up and was shocked and just closed the door with a lot of force.

I suspect she didn't expect me but it was a really unusual behaviour. I was a bit hurt.

(Broo! You have met her only a few times she can't treat you as her friend. What were you actually expecting? Also if you don't understand clearly she is conscious about how she looks.. And wasn't she in a night gown or something any girl would be embarrassed)

My mind justified her. Firstly, I don't know why I felt the need for this justification to feel less hurt. Secondly, it was true. She isn't my friend that she will talk to me and clearly Krish was just one of the guys who said things to her there must be many things she must go through.. Even if I told her to be confident, not to care it isn't possible due to that atmosphere.

I wish she wasn't like this though. I really liked her fiesty side.

(Are you her boyfriend? Who are you to influence her to be how?)

Her friend? Nope. She never said I was her friend. I helped her once and that's about it. I really don't think we will interact much and I have newer things to worry such as school. I have joined recently in school and tomorrow is my first day.

It's a Sunday but I don't mind I won't pay attention it's online class anyway.

I glanced at my watch. As I removed I noticed something. Memories flashed in front of me. My eyes were filled with anger and I wore the watch back.

I clenched my jaw and fists.

I heard a knock on my door. I saw through the key hole, it was my mom. I tried to smile so she doesn't notice the anger in my eyes. Anyway mom's are an expert in knowing what's in your mind.

I opened the door.

Mom- "Hello! What took you so long? By the way I wasn't here for just a few days and you look so thin. You really don't eat food or what? Don't tell me you started dieting again."

I was welcomed with the typical mom scoldings.

Honestly from which side do I look thin to my mom? 

I was standing and smiling coz whatever you say there is always comfort in these scoldings even if you get irritated. I loved my mom more than anything in this world.

Mom-"Aise bhoot ki tarah smile kyun kar raha hai?"(Why are you smiling like a ghost?)

Bhooth? (Ghost) I laughed out loud.

Aditya-"Maa main aapko booth lagta hoon? Aur main kahan se patla lag raha hoon?  Aur na aapke bete ko khana bahut pasand hai there's no way main diet kar raha hun."
(Mom do I look like ghost? And from where I look thin? And I love food no way I am on a diet.)