13.

Prerna दीक्षित

Two weeks have passed everything's going well between me and Aditya because nothing is going on. We haven't talked just seen from a distance except once which was a small hi-bye talk.

In school, he is some charming hunk where girls are busy flirting with him and he too enjoys.

My parents are leaving for a work trip and are not going to be around for Diwali. I hear a knock at the door. I open the door and there are these kids asking for donation for Diwali party in the society.

My parents give them money and tell me to attend the party tonight. I agree although I wouldn't go anyway and just chill at home. They leave and then after 15 minutes someone knocks on my door.

It's Aditya he smiles at me and tries to come inside but I block him.

Aditya-"Are you coming for the Diwali party today?"

Prerna-"No."

Aditya-"Yes, you are. Why do you want to spend your Diwali alone? If you don't come I won't go too."

(Why is he being so adamant? My choice to not go. Who is he?)

Prerna-"Why do you care?" I replied in a rude tone.
Aditya-"Are you coming for the Diwali party today?"

Prerna-"No."

Aditya-"Yes, you are. Why do you want to spend your Diwali alone? If you don't come I won't go too."

(Why is he being so adamant? My choice to not go. Who is he?)

Prerna-"Why do you care?" I replied in a rude tone.

He had a flash of anger in his eyes, he then grabbed my hand tightly and whispered in my ears firmly with anger reflecting his voice.
"You are coming."

He then looked right in my eyes, my eyes terrified on the verge of tears at the intensity of his tone.

He left angrily banging the door of his flat while getting inside.

~

With no choice left I had to get ready for the party tonight. I couldn't afford risk with him. That's the most intimate I have ever been with someone. He held my hand so tight that it was red for more than 2 hours.

I wore my outfit and went down to the Club House where loud music was blasting with people dancing at one side, some clicking pictures and some gossiping about everyone's outfits.

I knew no one except Aditya and Varun in the society. I could feel many judgemental eyes on me but I decided to pay no attention to it. I had no idea where to go when someone pushed me and screamed at me to get out of the way.

I was about to fall when Aditya grabbed my shoulders to prevent me from falling. He brought me up. He then slightly smiled at me.

The moments from today came flashing into my brain. I was scared of him and just left the place staring at the ground unable to look up at him.

The dinner buffet was open when Aditya came infront of me with a plate of food, and asked me to follow him. To avoid his wrath I nodded and followed him. He kept the plate on table which was filled with loads of food more like completely overfilled. He pulled out a chair and signalled me to sit. He himself sat.