15.

Aditya राजवंश

I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. I was there, standing like a rock. Everyone around me was talking shit about Prerna. I knew it hurt her, but I don't know why all these incidents made my heartache.

I felt it was my fault to force Prerna to come despite her denial. It was because of me that she had to endure all this. I didn't even go to help her get up.

I kept looking at her throughout the situation, and she couldn't even look at anyone. Her eyes were filled with tears. She was holding onto her dress so tightly as to not let it fall.

When she tried to stand, her legs trembled even more. She was weak, she was vulnerable, but I, like a coward, couldn't even help her.

It hurt me so much. I was feeling jealous of the closeness between Varun and Prerna, but now I know why they are close now. He immediately went towards her.

I don't deserve Varun's place in her life.

Prerna ran away and how. She cried so much. I want to go to her, console her.

Varun walked towards the chair and inspected it closely. He realised that the screw was missing and that someone had taken it out.

(So all of this was a plan against Prerna!)

I turned around and realised it was none other than Maya, as she was smiling the most during the incident. She was the one who even bought the chair for her.

I told Varun about this, and we decided to confront Maya.

Maya was in her full glory, thinking her move was the best thing she had ever done. I cleared my throat and she immediately hugged me at first glance.

I was shocked at her behaviour but pulled back when she said, "Hey!"

I didn't want to interact further with her. That's when I, without cutting around the bush, asked her, "Did you make Prerna fall by removing the screw?"

I tried to remain as calm as possible when she nodded her head. She wasn't guilty even a bit.

"Yes, Babe"

"You are disgusting," I said.

"Well, you know what, at least I don't pretend to like her as you do. Her fat ass is not even hot like mine. She is fat and ugly, and you are trying to be friends with her? You can fool her but not me. "

You know what, I have an idea. Let's fool her together while we date. It would be so delusional of her to think a good-looking man like you would be friends with her. "

She said all this in one go. I couldn't believe she thought all this through. Yes, Prerna is fat, but so what? She knows it. She isn't ugly in her heart like Maya.

Maybe Prerna is struggling or her relationship with food is messed up. Or maybe not all this at all. Maybe she just likes food. I swear the smell of food from her house makes me hungry as well.

Whatever the reason, she doesn't need to be humiliated, and Prerna's just as beautiful the way she is.

Varun started speaking, interrupting my thoughts, "Can you shut up with your ideas?" Her weight isn't your problem, nor is it directly affecting you. Why do you care then? "

"Oh please! Did you forget? Go say all this to your mother first. Didn't she only stop you from talking to her? "

Varun's mom stopped him to talk with Prerna. But why? I knew I had to know the reason behind it.

Varun shot back at her, "Don't think you can shut me up like that. Is it true that your father scolded you a lot more when you did something bad to her?

Maya looked right into Varun's eyes. The anger they both held towards each other was so evident. She stomped off after their intense stare.

If this was a book, they may have had the classic enemies to lovers, but they were enemies for the right reason, and I wouldn't ever want them to be friends, let alone lovers.

Varun had to leave as his mom called just before, saying to meet Prerna and text him with any updates or if she wants to meet him.

I ran towards Prerna's house with no care. I felt sad and vulnerable. As I reached for the floor, I noticed the door slightly open and her dress a little outside the door.

I could hear her crying and it seemed she was sitting against the door. I too sat against the door outside.

I received another call, and this time my veins were about to burst, but I unknowingly held onto that tiny piece of clothing.

It calmed me I don't know why she had that effect on me. We just sat there together, with the door as a wall between us. I knew she felt someone was there, but at that moment, we just needed each other's silence.

~While we spoke no words, our silence conveyed the length of the greatest manuscripts to ever exist.~