14.

Prerna दीक्षित

The party was still going on but now me and Aditya were separated. No surprise it happened due to Maya who made both of us awkward.

Aditya was busy enjoying with his friends while I scrolled on my phone . Time to time I did feel Aditya's gaze on me but I ignored thinking he is just looking randomly in all directions.

I loved attending the society parties , me and Varun would always be together and have a blast. However after his proposal and me being welcome to teenage where harshest reality of beauty standards confronted me, I became self conscious. This was the party I attended after a very long time due to Aditya. But it felt like Maya dampened the vibe.

I was immersed in my thoughts when some striked their hand on my face to draw my attention.

"Hey sweetheart! Is this for real?"

Who is calling me sweetheart? And what's for real? I looked up to see it was Varun smiling widely.

I was thinking about him and he came out of nowhere.

He looked at me confused. I just nodded my head and asked "What's for real?

He replied,
"You making your presence felt at the society party. After so long.. Damn!! You look hot"

This guy and his compliments. He was always geninue towards me maybe even I would have a love story only If his mom had not known.

(He could have been with you If you didn't create distance. And he is a coward too) My mind cooed

But I don't think he is a coward he shouldn't deal with his mom because of me. Neither did I love him but I just wished he would have been available as my friend always.
He was there not me. I don't know why I have this bad luck with friends.

Prerna! Reply to him...

Yeah I didn't feel like coming but someone forced me to come.

I replied to him completely ignoring his compliment. Whole world of mine became beautiful when I heard compliment from Aditya and now his was cherry on the cake. But ofcourse I didn't know how to react to compliments.

Varun- "You still don't know how to react to compliments?"

When I meant he understood me I meant it. This guy was so close to me. He knew how I functioned and was often disappointed by the way I thought.

But I couldn't ever change my situation didn't allow me.

I nodded in agreement to his statement.

I was so lost. I forgot to take a complete look at him and when I did. I wasn't surprised coz he looked really handsome. I can't believe this man had crush on me.

Varun! You look good today! I told and smiling a little in the end.

He just replied "Thanks Priyu..but I look good always. Its just that you are busy having dust in your eyes."

Sure Varun! I replied laughing.

But to think about it he was actually right. I am so busy entangled with my problems I don't take notice of so many things.

Btw who is this person who forced you to come? I should thank him after all his magic worked on you.

How are you so sure it's a him? I asked Varun.

Mmm... I just know it.
Varun replied

I was shocked as to how he does. But anyway I changed my direction to look towards Aditya. And Varun too moved in my direction. He and I saw Aditya. Aditya immediately moved away.