5

It's as if it knew I dreaded it, Friday, of cause comes as quickly as the blink of an eye. Suddenly I hate my job...I hate my life. Being an adult is so depressing. Remind me again why we wanted to grow up so fast.

***

At work, I look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I wash my face in the basin. I look like a very old person who has been battered and bruised by life.

I take a deep breath before going back to face the people who get very annoying when they're drunk. The busiest days are the worst but the money from the tips is pretty good and God knows I need the money.

I head back to the bar area and guess who's there. Yep it's Mr "I'm so Keen on being a regular so I can get to see you".

"I've been waiting for you", he informs me.
"...and apparently there's no one else here to serve you", I give him a crappy attitude

"You know I want you", he sounds very possessive.
"Unfortunately I don't have psychic abilities", I say sarcasm evident in my tone

"I'm not in the mood today", I stop him before he can say anything.
"You'll let me know when you are then", he smirks whilst unbuttoning his shirt once. I get to see a tiny glimpse of the tattoo on his chest.

I take in a deep breath but I quickly recover. I just hope he didn't notice. I have a really huge obsession with tattoos but I don't want him to know that. He might get nonsensical ideas.

He goes on to sit at the table where he can get the perfect view of me. I try to avoid his stares. If looks could kill, I would definitely be dead by now.

"That guy wants a bottle of whiskey and he wants you to take it to him", one of the waiters informs me.
"No...I can't"
"He said he doesn't want it if it's not you, those were his exact words"
"Okay fine", I say. Defeated.

I try to compose myself before going to his table with the bottle.
"Didn't your mother tell you it's rude to stare", I'm feisty and fired up.
"No", he speaks very softly.

I'm thrown off a bit by his calmness. I guess I really was looking for a fight.

"Join me", he orders me.
"I'm working", I scoff whilst rolling my eyes.

"I had already spoken to your boss. You should take advantage of his apology. You know...milk it while you still can", he explains.
"So you convinced him to pimp me out to you again and you haven't even apologized for the other day? You're such a pig!", The word 'angry' can't even describe what I'm feeling right now.

"I'm sorry?", He looks confused.
"Keep it", I say irritably.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought you could use a break and this would be the perfect opportunity", he sounds very sincere.

I keep quiet, unsure of what I should say.

"Can we start over? My name is keletso", he breaks the silence reaching out his hand for a handshake.

"Nice name", I say and I leave.

I don't notice him following me as I quickly walk back to bar. I try not fall because in my mind I'm sure he's starring at me.

"I didn't catch your name", he's slightly out breath and I'm gasping for air.

"Jesus Christ!", I exclaim hysterically. "You scared the sh*t out of me"

"Uhmm sorry", he says only for the sake of saying it. "I didn't catch your name", he announces the important mission.

"I didn't throw it", I say.
"Please..."
He's begging? But then again it could all be a lie. They all lie and beg when they want something.

"No", I'm hoping to dismiss him but he's proving to be quite relentless.

"Do you have a boyfriend?", He questions.
"Yes"
"You're lying"
"Believe what you want to believe"

"Please I need to know", he "begs"   again.

"No"

His expression changes. He looks like he's deep in thought, unaware of his surroundings. He looks at me, anger and frustration written all over his face. This sends chills down my spine and it makes me a bit scared of him. He gets up and leaves quietly. He leaves his bottle untouched. I'm a little shook after the encounter but it wears off as time goes by.