33

Major trigger warnings this chapter includes
Self harm talk of self harm and suicidal thoughts and actions if you or anyone else you know is struggling please contact a suicidal hotline immediately and talk to someone.

Okay let's begin

Nessas pov
I woke up next to vinnie in bed as my alarm went off I got out of bed and checked my phone and then remembered today is the day that I could loose my son I go into his room and change his diaper get him changed and then take him downstairs and give him a bottle put him in his bouncer and go get dressed as vinnie wraps his arms around me kissing my neck "vinnie stop today is very important" I know love but your stressing just relax it'll put you in a better mind set I walk out of the room and go get Jacob and put him in his carrier as vinnie comes downstairs dressed we grab the keys and get in the car and head to the court house.

30 minutes later we arrive and walk inside the judge will be right with you his assistant says as we sit down our lawyer arrives and so does jaden accompanied with a new lady he ignores us and walks down the hall the judge is ready for you the lady says opening the door for us as we all walk inside I sit down with Jacob in my arms and vinnie beside me okay let's get started this is case 127 of family court to determine custody of Jacob micheal hossler okay is there any probable cause claiming that one of these parents is unfit to be a parent.

yes sir document 1 a phone call between miss barrett and mr hossler claiming she was drunk while carrying their unborn child Jaden's lawyer says opening the documents miss barrett do you take care of Jacob "yes I do" sir that's one mistake she made I think you should look into the fact they dont have any other evidence she's unfit my lawyer says to the judge mr hossler do you have paternity test stating your the father the judge says "yes sir I do" document 2 of the file his lawyer says to the judge "'mr hossler do you have the necessary equipment to take care of your son given you were granted custody" "yes sir I do" ok miss barrett do you have the necessary items to take care of your son "yes sir" jaden says miss barrett did you intentionally drink alcohol to hurt your child the judge asks.

Keep going

Almost there

So close keep going

Get ready

Here goes nothing

"no sir I wasn't thinking" miss barrett why did you drink alcohol if you knew you were pregnant "I wasn't thinking" "by the state of California I now grant full custody of Jacob micheal hossler to mr hossler miss barrett is to stay away from them at all times and not interfere in the child's life at this time I'm going to ask that Jaden's lawyer collect Jacob and hand him to his father" as the judge says those words my heart breaks and my world shatters as vinnie hands Jacob over to Jaden's lawyer I feel my world collapsing as tears stream down my face and hug vinnie as he holds me against him he picks me up my legs wrap around his torso and my face hides in his neck as we walk out of the court house he puts me in the car and we drive home.

Skip one week
Vinnies pov
Nessas not even talked to me since we lost Jacob I locked his room she advoids me as much as possible and I feel like we're loosing our connection I go over to what used to be our room till she locked me out and won't let me speak to her "nessa open the door" "nessa" I say banging on the door "nessa answer me before I break down the door"

Nessas pov
I can't keep doing this anymore I have no reason to live I say to myself as I drag the blade across my wrist and tears stream down my face everything goes black

Vinnies pov
As I get no response I break down the door and don't see her in our room I check the bathroom and see her sitting there with her wrists sliced I quickly bandage them and pick her up bridal style and put her in the car speeding to the hospital when I get there I go inside "help someone help she sliced her wrists please help" I say as I begin to cry seeing her lifeless body in my hands as they take her from me and set her down in a bed and a bunch of people start working on her sir you need to wait in the waiting room we will update you when we know something "ok" I say as my heart breaks i sit in the chair and wait for what seems like hours nessa barrett the doctor says as he comes in the wait room "that's me" she's stable she lost a lot of blood it may be awhile before she wakes up if you would like to see her I- "yes please can I see her" of course right this way he says guiding me to a room and he opens the glass door and a curtain and lets me in and then closes it as he leaves I see her body on that bed it breaks my heart knowing I could've prevented this from happening I hold her hand and caress her cheek "I miss you" I say as I tears begin falling down my cheeks "you were so distant and I didn't know what to do and I'm sorry I didn't help you when I could've im sorry for everything I've done and I know what I need to do I hope you understand" I say as I walk out of the room.

Again if you or any one you know is struggling please reach out to a suicide hotline and talk to someone

Another day another chapter
This chapter was very sad
1045 words