37.

"So

"So....... how are things for you?" She asked Jennie while playing with the hem of her skirt. She was nervous and shy.

Jennie smiled seeing Jihyun be so shy.
"Things are great for me. What about you?" she asked her. 

Yerin sat near them and rolled her eyes in annoyance now and then. She was not used to this... not getting enough attention. She was always the center of attention in her school and college, and she always had Jihyun's attention as well, but now Jennie was taking it and she didn't like it. 

"Hmm. Everything is great" They both smiled at each other. 

Both Jennie and Jihyun wanted to avoid talking about Taehyung but looks like Yerin had different plans. 

"I'm Taehyung's cousin" Jennie stared at Yerin with wide eyes. She didn't expect that. Yerin didn't know that Jennie is Taehyung's ex, nobody told her about it, but she did know that Jennie knew about Jihyun's marriage. She decided to say that so Jennie knows that Jihyun and Yerin are connected by family and stuff.

Jihyun bit her lip and sighed. 

"She is Taehyung's cousin, her name is Kim Yerin, she works as my secretary," Jihyun said, her head hanging low in fear of how Jennie would react.

Jennie just nodded her head. After a few minutes of silence, Jennie let her hand stray towards the menu before intensely staring at it. Jihyun knew that Jennie wasn't reading anything... she was just using it as a form of distraction.

Somehow, their emotional moment was broken quicker than they thought.

Jennie snapped her fingers while looking at a waiter.
"Excuse me?"
The waiter turned his attention towards her.

"Yes ma'am, may I have your order?" Jennie nodded before quickly going through the menu.

"I'd like a coffee please" she looked at Jihyun and Yerin, expecting them to give their orders too.

"Umm..... chocolate milkshake please," Yerin said like a kid while smiling. The waiter's heart immediately melted off at the girl's cuteness.

Jihyun decided to test Jennie.
"Oh, you know... my usual" Jihyun said with an unbothered face, looking everywhere except Jennie.

Jennie thought for a while before giving Jihyun's order.
"Iced coffee for her" Jihyun secretly smiled after knowing that Jennie still remembers her fav.

"Yes ma'am" the waiter walked away, leaving the three girls in silence again.

Yerin wasn't affected by the awkwardness at all she didn't even realize that the situation was awkward.
Jihyun on the other hand was overthinking about every single thing.

"Me and Taehyung are divorced now" Jihyun mumbled out, looking at the table.

Jennie once again stared at them with wide eyes.
"WHAT?" She yelled, she almost stopped up. Jihyun didn't see why she was soo shocked.

"Why are you shocked? Isn't it obvious" Jennie shook her head and slowly leaned back on her chair.

"Why" Jennie spoke, her voice was serious and Jihyun immediately knew that she wasn't messing around.

"Wha- what do you mean why?" Jennie shook her head again.

"Why divorce? You could have just... waited or... talked about it" Yerin stared at Jennie with a blank face. In her eyes, Jennie was the person who was doing wrong and poor Jihyun is being scolded by her. So she decided to step in.

"What is your problem, she is old enough to make her own decisions" being a shy girl, she spoke in a low voice.

Jihyun slowly turned to look at Yerin with a glare.
Jennie immediately snapped.
"Of course. Of course. Of course. OF COURSE, SHE IS OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE HER OWN DECISIONS, BUT FRIENDS EXIST YOU KNOW? DIVORCE? HOW WOULD THAT FIX ANYTHING. ME AND THAT GUY WERE BARELY IN A RELATIONSHIP AND YOU BOTH GET DIVORCED JUST BECAUSE OF IT?" Jihyun had never seen angry Jennie before and when she finally did see Jennie angry..... she never wanted to see it again. Jennie's face was red and her eyes were bulged. She was standing and her hands were forced on the table making her look big. The whole scene was soo scary that Jihyun decided to keep quiet.

"Oh look. Taehyung Oppa is here" Yerin spoke in her cherry voice as a bright smile splayed across her face.

-----------------------

Hoomans 😢
My exams are coming up 😭
I won't be able to update much 😭😭
I'll try to update at least once a week 😭😭😭

I hope you liked reading this chapter......... 😭 😭 😭 😭

Boii boii hoomans 😢...... 😭😭😭😭😭😭