39.

"Jennie, I swear, I didn't know he was coming," Jihyun said trying to make Jennie understand that she had nothing to do with Taehyung's unexpected appearance

Jennie just hummed in reply and cut the call immediately.

The frustrated girl punched the table and looked around being restless.
She was thinking if she should blame Yerin or Taehyung for this incident.

Jihyun knew that her meeting with Jennie wouldn't go well but Taehyung's presence just ruined everything more than she had thought.

The room was filled with silence, Jihyun could only hear her heartbeat beating in rage. She placed her hand on the table, tightly gripping onto the edge. Buzzing sounds filled her head, she was not able to stand stable, her feet suddenly became weak, it felt like the floor was slipping under her feet. 
Her right hand slowly went up to grab her head.

Thud!!!

----------------------------

"AISSH!! JINJA??" Yerin covered her ears before nodding in tiny. 
"WHY DID I HAVE TO FAINT IN FRONT OF THAT DI-" The doctor walked in and chuckled at Jihyun's little tantrum. 

"Please don't yell Miss Kim. You just need some rest" The doctor said with a reassuring smile. Jihyun looked down while folding her hands in front of her. 
"You need to take some rest Jihyunah. Daesong called as soon as he heard that you're here, he's worried" he stopped talking, waiting for Jihyun to react. When he received no reaction, he kept talking.
"You need to eat some proper. Having a cup of coffee every morning isn't a healthy diet. Eat some fruits or some actual cooked food. Too much stress for a girl your age isn't good. You're young now so take things slow. Go for a vacation or something" The doctor kept blabbering like a dad. Jihyun was annoyed and just decided to keep her gaze down. 
"Are you listening to me?" Jihyun looked at him with her bored eyes, he nodded and walked out of the room. 

"WHY AM I EVEN TELLING YOU THIS IF YOU WON'T LISTEN" He yelled from the other side of the door. 

"THEN DON'T TELL" Jihyun replied 

"Aish" Jihyun chuckled and shook her head. 

Yerin stared at Jihyun with an annoyed gaze.

"Just listen to that old ma for once" Yerin whined giving a cute glare. To yerin, her glare was supposed to make Jihyun sweat her pants off and make her get on her knees but instead of any of this, Jihyun giggled and pulled her cheeks. 

"But... where do I go?" Jihyun asked imitating Yerin, pouting. 

Yerin just shrugged in reply and walked out of the room, leaving Jihyun alone, what she feared the most. She never realized that everything she ever did was just to make sure that she was never left alone. Selfish but the desperate girl didn't bother to see how her actions would affect others, instead she kept on working to make sure that she was never left alone. 

Her smile slowly dropped. Something deep inside would keep telling her to listen to them... but she never let herself follow happiness. She wanted happiness to come to her, she felt like that is what she deserved after working this hard. 

She didn't want to take a break, she saw overworking herself as a way to distract herself from reality. She let herself stray in the path of hardship and she never saw a way to go back... she never looked for that way. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice.
"Anneyong" Taehyung spoke while slowly peeking from behind the door. Jihyun sighed in annoyance. 

"what do you want?" she asked in her usual cold tone. Taehyung just shook his head and looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Why do you always say that? Can I come to you only because I want something from you? Can't I come to meet you?" Jihyun looked at Taehyung with a sarcastic smile before replying. 

"Say what you want and leave. I won't hesitate to call the guards" Taehyung shook his head again before turning around to leave. 

"You didn't change" he whispered and left. 

Jihyun stared at the door before looking down at the blanket which was safely placed over her legs. 

Maybe I do need a break 

---------------

DA END OF DIS CHAPTER 

BUSY WID EXAMS 😭😭😭SOWWIEE YALL

I hope you liked reading this chapter
Bye 🥺