Ch. 12 First day

(Snape's POV)

After giving my orientation speech to the first years. I walked out the common room, and I was making my way to the headmaster's chambers. I am sure he must be at his wits end as to how Victoria ended up in my House, but I don't think that is the end of it. He would also want to hear about the boy.

I have to say I was expecting him to be in Gryffindor, but it seems he is something different from her, not entirely, though he has those same eyes that burn with will and passion. I was quite intrigued to see what he would make of himself in Slytherin, of all places. It would be quite interesting.

I reached the third floor and stood in front of the gargoyle. I said the password to the gargoyle, "Sherbet Lemon." It moved aside and revealed the spiral staircase to the headmaster's office. I climbed the stairs and I found him standing in front of the window pane looking out.

I cleared my throat, and said, "You called for me, Headmaster?"

He turned around and nodded and said, "Yes, Severus… I did. How was the orientation of the first years?"

I nodded and said, "It went well, sir."

He sat on the table and grunted and said, "Good, that's good."

He had a look of worry on his face, and I asked him, "What is it, sir?"

He looked at me and said, "I am worried, Severus…"

I squinted and asked, "What are you worried about, sir? Potter is safe in Gryffindor…"

He nodded and leaned back in his chair and said, "It's not always about Harry Severus, it's about Victoria. I am quite sure that he will not be pleased to hear that his daughter is in Slytherin."

I was about to say something but was cut off by the hat, "The girl went to Slytherin of her own volition... she wanted to go there."
I smirked and headmaster looked at me and I fixed my face and said, "Sir, what's done is done. Besides, if you are in any way concerned for her well-being. I would keep an eye on her as I do for him."

Dumbledore nodded and exhaled and asked, "And what about the boy Severus?" He said after a brief pause, "What about Jonathan? What do you think of him? I was quite sure he would go to Gryffindor, but it seems like today… is an odd day."

I was furious at him and said, "Might I remind you I was also sorted into Slytherin myself, and I am a Half-Blood. The house accepts students who want to prove themselves, achieve something greater than ordinary. He has that will in his eyes to become someone.
Just because he is in Slytherin doesn't give us insight to his psyche." I looked at him and said, "You know that he can be there because he may just want to make a name for himself… get out of that orphanage that you put him in. "For his protection" hmm?"

He looked at me with apologetic eyes and said, "I didn't mean to, Severus... I know it's just that the child reminds me of him, and I don't want him to go down the same dark path in search of his father."

I sighed and nodded, "I understand sir, but we can't say that now, only time can tell, what path destiny has chosen for him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Quirell's Pov)

A man stands in a dimly lit room with a candle. The room was filled with garlic, dried roots, flowers and other vegetation. There were jars filled with specimens of different species, the jars varied in sizes, some were as large as a cookie jar while some small like a saltshaker. There was a wall which was covered with books upon books, all of which pertaining to dark arts. And a briefcase that had faint sounds coming from it.

The man closed the door and bowed down on his knees in front of a mirror. He slowly removes his turban and a face emerges from the back of the man's bald head. The other face was old and ashy, with smoldering red eyes. The man was happy, and he said, "Master, we are finally inside the castle."

The old ashy face gave a sinister smile to his servant and said in a raspy voice, "You are doing very well, Quirrel. Continue to serve me with the same diligence and loyalty, and soon I shall acquire the stone and will regain my body and will rise again to my former glory."

The servant quickly tried to please his master and said, "Yes, master… I will do anything that is asked of me to acquire the stone for you." He said, "As master regains his body, we would cleanse the world of this plague."

The ashy old face was pleased with him and said, "Your faith in me is praiseworthy, Quirrel. Serve me well, Quirrel and you will have a place in the new world of mine."

He said while nodding his head, "Your will be done, Master." The old ashy face went to sleep, and the man blew out the candles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jon's POV)

I woke up the next day early in the morning. The rays of sun were pleasant because they were dimmed by the lake. I groaned and got upright and rubbed my eyes. I stretched my arms and yawned. It seems like I was too used to my morning routine.

I got off my bed and I saw that Cotton was still sleeping. I stretched and changed into shorts and wore a t-shirt and put on my running shoes. I got out of the common room and went on my morning routine, but I added running to the routine.
I was running around, and I noticed that the castle was still asleep, well some people were awake such as Filch. He was confused to see a kid running around this early in the morning. I ran around like 2 km and did like 40 push-ups and some sit-ups.

After completing my routine, I worked up quite the sweat. Us Slytherin had our own private baths rather than a common bathhouse. I walked into my room and, there was a bathroom attached to the room. I walked inside. There was a large bathtub in there.

Water was already dawn and I wanted to go right in, but first I took my time to brush my teeth. Oral hygiene was important, after brushing my teeth. I stripped and went into the bathtub. The water was just at the right temperature.  I washed my body and relaxed in the water for a while.

After my bath, I got out the bathroom and started to get dressed in the uniform.

I looked at the time, and it was around 7:30. Cotton also woke up. I smiled and said, "Good morning."

She groaned and said, "You sure you are not sleepy?"

I chuckled and said, "Want some breakfast?"

She nodded, and I said, "Alright then." I opened her terrarium and she asked, "Do you think it would be a good idea to let your stuff out in the open?" I looked at her, and she tilted her head and I looked at my books and said, "No, I don't think it will." I petted her and said, "Thank you, cotton." She smiled and went inside my sleeve.

I turned around and exhaled, "Let's get you guys inside, then." I put my books in my trunk along with my pouch. I put a protection spell on it. It was a simple spell yet highly effective because of a change made in it. It would require my fingerprint for it to open.

After locking my stuff. I locked my room with the same spell and went to have some breakfast. I arrived early, there I could mostly see people from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and they were mostly 5 years or above. Slytherin had a few along with Gryffindor, but the Slytherin weren't the kind of crowd you want to be around if you are a muggle.

So, as usual, I kept my distance and had my breakfast alone. I saved some boiled eggs for Cotton. I fed them to her as I got out of the great hall. I decided to explore some of the castle, nothing big, just to get familiar with the place. So I went around walking in the castle.

I checked out the rooms where we would be having the classes for the rest of the semester, I didn't go to the third floor since, there was a giant three-headed dog there. So as I was going around the castle, I stopped to look at the trophies that were showcased. I looked, and I saw James's name in there, along with a girl's. It said captain Emilia House.

I chuckled and said, "Looks like she played Quidditch." As I was busy looking at some stuff, I heard a call, "There you are!" I turned to see who it was, and it was Victoria.

She ran to me, and she said, "Where have you been? I waited for half an hour in the common room for you."

I smiled and said, "Well, I woke up early so… decided to check out the castle."

She looked at me and asked, "What were you looking at?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Just some trophies, your dad is in one of them."

She smiled and said, "Please don't start with that." I looked at her and I chuckled, "Why?" she exhaled and said, "Dad, always brings it up every chance he gets, it's like the only thing he likes to talk about this school."

I chuckled and said, "Well, it looks like he was a good player."

She shook her head and asked, "You want to go somewhere else?"

I nodded and said, "What do you have in mind?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We both were sitting in the library studying, apparently Victoria quite the bookworm. I picked out some books about rune history. She was reading something about potions. The good thing about this library is that there are just thousands of books, and you can read almost anyone of them.

As we were reading, I saw Harry coming to the library with Ron, which was a very odd and rare sight. He walked up to Victoria, and she closed her book and she asked, "What is it?"

He looked at her, but then he looked at me and said, "Do you mind?"

I nodded, and I got up, I said to Victoria, "I will be here."

She nodded, and I heard her exhale, I could faintly hear stuff and then cotton came out the sleeve and asked me, "Do you want me to go and hear what they are saying?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "I can probably guess what he is saying, and besides there is a high chance she would just tell me."

She chuckled and said, "That's quite shrewd." I petted her head and she went inside.

I saw Vitoria storming off and Harry tried to go after her but stopped, he looked at me but then grunted and walked away. Ron went after his friend, and I got up from my seat and put my book in its place and went after mine.

After walking for quite some time, I found her sitting at the lake. The lake was calm, and a cool breeze was flowing. I walked up to her and said, "Want to talk about it?"

She shook her head and I nodded, I sat next to her and I said nothing. We sat in silence, but then, "My dad asked me to transfer school."

I looked at her, and she said, "He doesn't want me to be in Slytherin."

I asked, "What about your mom?"

She looked at me and said, "She doesn't care that much, it's just my dad. I just don't get why he hates Slytherin so much… I mean, if you think all Slytherin are evil, then you are just like them…" she stopped speaking, she didn't want to say it out loud.

I nodded and said, "I am sure your mom will straighten your dad out."

She chuckled and asked, "How do you know?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know, it's just something a mom would do, I guess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section with Cotton 🐍

Greetingsss Readersss,

I hope you liked the chapter, this chapter's early draft was posted on my discord and some heleped me with it. So if you would like to read drafts and pitch new ideas or just want to read the new drafts about Naruto. Join my discord the link is in my bio. Another thing, there is a poll on the discord and I do think its a bit important so if you join the discord please vote in the poll section.

Drop a comment if you liked the chapter and throw some stones while you are at it and I will see you in the next chapter. Bye.