Ch 41 Hi, I'm Voldemort and I have a Son Pt.1

During these few days I have been visiting Hermione and also patrolling the second floor bathroom, since the polyjuice thing happened quicker than expected so I believed that the diary of the deadbeat could surface sooner than the cannon. Harry has tried to talk to Tori but to no avail. She avoids him any chance she gets. It is getting worse by the days go by.

On a brighter note Hermione is cured of the potion and is back to her normal human self which is a shame, she looked rather cute like that for some reason. Right now I'm in the library with her and "helping" her find the monster, first it was Tori and Daphne and now it's her. I don't like lying to them but it's the only way I know how to keep everything from going down the crapper.

Hermione grunted and put the book down she was holding putting her face into the book and said in frustration "Ahh! it's like finding a needle in a haystack."

I sighed and corrected her "It's like finding a needle in a stack of needles."

She looked up and said "Not funny Jon, we have been working on this for so long now and we don't have much to show for. How are we supposed to do defeat the monster if we don't even know what it is?"

I nodded and she said, "You read all those books, but you still don't know anything?"

I faked an indignation and said, "Hey I know things..." I sighed and continued "But nothing fits, you know... Gorgons are not seen outside of Greece. Cockatrice are like extinct, and the rest are like myths."

She exhaled sharply and said, "It's so frustrating!"

I smiled and said, "Hey, relax we will find it, we just need to keep trying... Let's just talk about something else to distract ourselves?"

She nodded and asked, "What is up with Harry and Victoria?"

I sighed and leaned back on my chair and said, "They are fighting over the fact that if I am a good company to have around or not?"

She looked astounded and said "Seriously? There is a monster on the loose and they are fighting over petty things."

I looked at her in fake indignation and said, "Hey I am not a petty thing...I am a human being." She laughed and I asked, "So how is Harry holding up?"

She sighed and said, "He is been a bit more quiet than usual."

I smiled and said, "I guess quiet is better."

She sighed and said, "I don't get it I mean he doesn't like you and you are still concerned over him."

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "He may not get it now, but I am just hoping that he can come around and can see me as a friend or an acquaintance at least."

She sighed and said, "How are you so optimistic?"

I smirked and said, "One can only hope meowny." She looked angry and threw a book at and I caught it and said "Those are some bad manners meowny, we need to talk about that."

She then said "Fine! you can relax and do your thing while I will do what I do best."

I said sarcastically "Throwing books at people? Cause if so you are bad at that."

She grinned and giggled and walked away and I thought about why she had that grin and I felt two people standing behind me, I turned around and I saw them it was Tori and Daphne and I asked "Oh, hey what are you doing here?"

Tori scrunched her eyebrows and asked, "What are you doing here with Hermione?"

I was about to answer when Daphne said "And what is with the meowny stuff?"

I shrugged my shoulder and said "I am helping... Hermione with finding the monster that has been terrorising the school and the meowny stuff is just some light joshing among friends." They looked a little pissed for some odd reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was around the second floor bathroom at late evening when I noticed the water on the floor and I knew it was Ginny, she might have come to throw the diary away for good. I took the cloak out of my pocket and pulled it over me hiding me from everyone. I made my way to toilet and I saw Ginny running away. I walked inside and I found Myrtle crying.

I wanted to console her but it wasn't too smart so I quickly searched for the diary and I saw it. I took a good look to see if she was aware if I was here but she was busy bawling her eyes out. I quickly took out my wand out and levitated the diary towards me without her noticing. I took the diary inside my cloak and made my way out of there before anything could go wrong.

After reaching the dungeon I pulled away the cloak and went inside with the diary in my pocket along with the cloak. I found Tori sitting on the sofa alone reading. I walked up to her and sat beside her.

She looked up and asked, "How's the search for the rooster going?"

I sighed and said, "I went to the town and they said, they'll get one first thing tomorrow."

She put the book down on her lap and nodded, "Good, we can finally put this thing behind us."

I smiled and said, "Yeah..." She saw the faint pull back on my voice and without saying anything looked at me with concern "E-even so, we still don't know where the chamber is..." She took my hand and said, "We'll find it... we found out about the monster, we can do it together."

I placed my hand above her hand and rubbed it and hummed. It doesn't feel right lying to her, she's one of the people I don't want to lie to. "Yeah, you're right... baby steps."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~