Ch.34 Snitches

I begrudgingly opened my eyes and got up on my bed. I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night, everything just kept me up all night. I was tired so much so that I didn't even go on my morning exercise, although going around at the time I do now, seems more reckless. I should have tried to pick up that diary when I had the chance now, it seems impossible.

Even if I somehow got into the griffindor common room. I won't be able to go into the Ginny's room. It seems that I might have to wait until Ginny dumps the book in the girls toilet. But all of it paled in comparison to what I learned yesterday. Tori found Mrs. Norris and not Harry does it mean that she might be the horcrux. I really wish that wasn't the case.

I breathed a heavy sigh and got up from my bed and started to get ready for the day. A lot was needed to be done... the thing that took priority was checking if my theory was true or not. Second of all to see if I could in any way get the diary before anything else could happen. It was going to be a long day.
_________________________________________

I was sitting in the transfiguration class. I was sitting alone, I didn't see Tori or Daphne this morning in the common room. Are they avoiding me, trying to dodge my questions. As I was thinking that I felt a hand on my shoulder, It was Ted, "Didn't see you during breakfast, everything alright mate?" He put his books down and sat with me.

I nodded and said, "I was there, just left a little early wasn't all that hungry..." I asked "Have you seen Daphne or Tori?"

He nodded in agreement and said, "Yeah, they came a little late to breakfast, they must be shaken with all that happened last night... I told them I could wait for them but they told me to go ahead."

I hummed and nodded, seems like they weren't trying to avoid me or anything. As we were talking I saw them enter the class just as it was about to start. Professor McGonagall stood up from her chair "Settle down everyone... quickly now." They both sat closer to the back and I turned ahead hoping to talk to them after the class was done.

After all of the students were on their seats she continued "Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand and speaks the incantation"Vera Verto" and it transfigures into a beautiful crystal water goblet. Some were excited to try it but I couldn't focus properly.

She descends down the steps and asks "Now who would like to go first?" She stops at Ron, she saw the excitement that he exuded. She smiled and said, "Mr. Weasley, one two three "Vera Verto"" He nodded and cleared his throat. In front of him was his family owl... poor thing.

The bobbed the wand three times and did the incantation, a green light oozed out of his wand and hit the owl, the owl did transform but only its shape. She shouldn't have picked him. The whole class giggled at his failure and McGonagall sighed and said, "Mr. Weasley I would highly suggest you to replace that broken wand of yours before it's too late."

As she was going towards the different bench she was stopped in her tracks by Hermione. She raised her hand and McGonagall believed that she had a question about the incantation or was volunteering to go next but she asked something else entirely. "Professor, I was wondering if you tell us something about the chamber of secrets." As the sentence was finished there was a pin drop silence. All of them looked at her with a great curiosity.

She sighed and looked at them and decided to tell them what she knew, "Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

Ron decided to butt in with his colourful commentary and that got him a glare from the professor. She continued "Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school."

"According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

She walking to her desk and Hermione said, "Muggle-borns." Professor nodded and sighed, "Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found."

Hermione asks again, "Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

She leaned a little back on her desk and said, "The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home... to a monster."

I looked behind me and I saw Tori's face she was frightened by all of it. I needed to talk to her. As soon as the class ended, I got up from my desk and looked for her but she was already out of the class along with Daphne. I grunted and Ted asked, "Why are you grunting like a pit?"
________________________________________________

I was sitting near the lake, I wasn't in the mood to work or to study... I tried to find where both of them went but couldn't find them anywhere. Why couldn't she just talk to me? I don't understand it at all. The decision to not do anything about it wasn't an option for me anymore. I could just go down to the chamber but I had no way to kill the Basilisk. And with that Diary in the Gryffindor house was just out of reach for me.

As I was thinking all of this I heard someone call my name, it was almost like a grunt. I turned around to see who was calling me. It was Pansy. I just sighed and returned back to gazing the lake. She again called my name but I just ignored her. She grunted and walked towards me, she stood behind me and shouted, "I'm talking to you!"

I still ignored her she grunted "Professor Snape is asking for you in headmaster's office."

My head turned around fast and stuck to her and she said, "Go! They have been asking for you, for a while now." I got up and she asked, "What are you even doing here?" She tilted her head and said, "Aren't you usually in the library with the weirdos." I got past her and started walking away, "A hello? I'm still talking here!" She grunted and stomped her feet.

Under my breath I said in a great frustration, "She told him."
_____________________________________________

I was in front of the headmaster's office. I saw Snape standing there and in a low grunt he said, "Nice of you to grace us with your presence Mr. House... come we have been waiting quite a while now." He turned around and said the password "Chocolate Persimmons." The statue turned and revealed the spiralling staircase to us.

We both climbed the stairs and my suspicions were proven to be correct, I saw Tori and Daphne sitting on chairs. Professor McGonagall was also present with them and she looked very disappointed. Headmaster saw us and said, "Jon, come there is something I need to talk to you about." He looked at Tori and Daphne and said, "You both can leave now... thank you."

Tori and Daphne looked at me and mouthed 'Sorry' as they walked past me. I sighed and walked forward and sat down, he offered me some candy and I refused it this time. He hummed and said, "Very well." He looked at me and said, "Victoria and Miss Greengrass has told me about the incident... it was smart of them to come to me and talk to me. But can you tell me why you told them not to?"

I sighed deeply and told them, "It wouldn't have looked good for any three of us." He hummed and nodded and I continued, "I mean someone writes a death threat in blood... and three slytherin students are found there first. There is no way that anyone would believe that none of us did it... especially me."

He sighed and leaned back on his throne and said, "I'm well aware that your name's infamy but... I would have hoped that you would have come to talk to me about it or at least anyone of us."

I shook my head and said, "I was going to, but first I wanted to talk to Tori about it... I was only there for a few moments... for all I could know it could have been a prank of sorts. But with all the looks on your faces. It seems otherwise." I leaned in and asked, "Has there been an incident similar to it?"

Headmaster was about to say something but McGonagall cut him short and said, "We are still looking into it, for all we know it could be a prank as you said."

I sighed and nodded, "Is that all? Can I go now?"

Headmaster nodded "Yes." I got up from my chair and was leaving "If you have anything else to say or find anything... you should come to us."

I turned around and said, "Of course."
_________________________________

I exited his office and I found those two outside looking really guilty. I didn't even look at them anymore and started pacing back to my room. They both started to run behind me and Tori said, "Come on, please talk to us." I didn't look back and I didn't stop, "I wanted to but you both ran away after the class remember?"

Daphne then came to my right, "That's because you would have stopped us from talking to Dumbledore."

Tori came to other side, "Please just listen."

I stopped and said, "I wanted to, but right now. I am very angry, so just do me a favour, leave me alone." I walked past them and they stopped chasing me.