Ch.28 A new year

(In Hogwarts Albus Dumbledore's Office Aug 11 1992)

I was preparing for the new school year. I just hope that this year nothing life-threatening happens to the kids like the last time. I want this year to go smoothly for Harry, there were some hiccups last year but it all worked out well because of Jon.

I was working on class schedules and the teacher's schedule when I heard the door open.I looked up and found Minnie, "Albus you must look at this."

I dropped my work and asked, "What is it, Minnie?" She gave me a look and I said "Yes, What is it, Minerva?"

She handed me the book that we use to get the names and addresses of witches and wizards to send them a letter. I asked "What is it that you want me to do with it?"

In an angry tone, she pointed at a name and said look. I adjusted my glasses and saw where she was pointing at and I was surprised myself. 

It was Jon's name but it had now changed it went from just Jonathan to Jonathan Grindlewald House. I calmed myself and looked at Minnie and said "It is fine Minnie."

She said, "Albus it is not a time to joke. Jon  changing his name was expected… but this? Who would have thought he would do something like this?"

Albus got up and went towards the window and said, "It is fine Minnie the boy is not going to turn he already has shown his loyalty."

Minne walked closer to him and asked "Are you sure about this?" Albus just nodded and Minerva left his office. Albus then sighed and gazed outside the window seeing the New moon from his window and just said "I hope I am not wrong about you as well Jon."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aug 20, 1992, in Southport mansion of House)

I was in my Room sleeping late because I have been trying to practise the Spells given to me by Uncle. The spells are amazing but are very stressful to use one small mistake can cause death.

The one spell that the book told me to use every day before going to sleep was Chargement. The spell was used to load your body full of magic and increase your control over magic. It helped me to better control the hard dark magic.

And I did so the spell enhanced my magical capabilities. I was intrigued by a spell that can be very handy in doing some shady stuff. The spell was "le charme de l'esprit" . I have successfully learned it but it was hard to master it.

I was sleeping when I heard Jeely come into my room with a tray with Orange juice and said: "Wake up Heir, it's 6:00 AM." I woke up, rubbed my eyes, Stretched and said "Good morning Jeely." I took the glass and drank the juice and went about my morning routine. I went for a jog and did some basic exercise.

After the exercise I took a shower and ate breakfast and read some news about Lockhart. I hated that I would have Lockhart as a teacher.

I then looked through the mails that came in the morning, some were work-related from the various production houses that we had set up, some from friends. And a letter from Hogwarts.

I picked up the letter and unsurprisingly my name got changed to Jonathan Grindlewald House. I knew that this would happen because Grindlewald was a much more powerful surname than House.

I was smiling and was thinking what would Dumbledore be doing when he saw that my name changed to this? I wish I could see his face now. I then read the letter and they had sent the list of books and I decided to go shopping. I finished my breakfast and went to change.