Chapter 1: Avalon

TW:

BLOOD

*************************************************

My feet carried through the bushes of the forest, with nothing to protect them, as rocks and branches cut and bruised every part of me. Long brown hair became damp on my face from the sweat and the night mist around me. Tears flooded my eyes when memories of my life flashes before me. My breath heavier the faster the trees moved past, while my arms pushed back leaves and vines that hung low.

Rubbing the liquid that invaded my eyes, with the lack of breath I had, my legs throbbed, and everything beneath my oversized t-shirt stung. A large pain came across my foot. A scream let loose from my throat, dropping my body to the ground of moss and mud. Looking down, mud rose above my skin, along with a dark liquid pooling from beneath. Down my tracks, a broken bottle comes to view. A bottle. People. Deep engines come from behind. I was close. I looked around, finding an old deep blue shirt not too far, as I picked it up, sighing at the sight of it covered of thorns, and grass. Trying to brush them off, I brought my foot towards me, slightly rubbing the mud away. A whimper released from my lips, biting on the inside of my cheek until the taste of iron came to help the pain. Tying the shirt around the wounded area tightly, a dark circle arose from beneath.

I looked down, pushing the hair from my face to my ears. My legs covered in trauma, for I only had shorts on. My shirt was ripped and slight marks of blood seeped through. The pain started to hit and linger while I tried to stand up. I hobbled into the direction where the low rumbles came.

Every step closer, a new part throbbed. My head, my hands, my body. With a short breath, as well with a weakened figure, my mind kept on going, thoughts kept running, the pavement coming closer. Tears seeped through over and over. Safety. I was there. Pushing through the last of the world I've viewed for the past 16 years of life pushed past me. A clear view. The hill up to the concrete pained me, from the damp ice ground, to a rough rocky point.

A bright light startled me, as it grew bigger and bigger, a low rumble grew louder and louder. I walked more towards the middle of the road, then held my ears when a screech came. When looking over the lights were yards away. So close. So bright. The humming of my voice silent along with the screeching. An object appeared from behind the blinding lights. A car. The heat from beneath warmed my freezing body. A click came from the right, shooting my eyes towards a figure appearing. A tall male, dark hair, thin fit body. Someone so beautiful that I've ever seen.

"You okay ma'am?" his voice, soothing with a rasp behind his words. Sending goosebumps crawling on my arms. I watched as his dark eyes went up and down from what beholds in front of him. "Ma'am your bleeding" I walked towards him slowly, my eyes blurring, my body burning with pain. Falling into his arms catches him off guard, causing him to step back until steading a sobbing female in his arms.