Chapter 2: Avalon

TW:

BLOOD

************************************

"Thank you," my voice softly croaked. My body warmed as his heat transferred to me, while continuing to sob, his words softened. I pulled off nearly dropping down until his hands got a hold of my arm. His hands stung to the touch, causing a welp to release from my throat. Softening his grip, the ground gently neared.

"You need to go to the hospital," his eyes peeled down to my foot, the dirty t-shirt drenched in a vital fluid. Something mumbled from beneath his breath, as he looked at me then turned towards his car opening the door. I watched as he walked back, taking in his appearance. A damp white t-shirt hung tightly around his fit torso, as dark blue jeans perfectly loose around his athletic legs, with classic black and white converse. A cloth-like material hung from his grip coming back. He knelt down beside my injured foot, taking off his belt. The sight startled me, as I pushed back away.

"No, no, no!" I quickly panicked. He looked into my eyes, as I did his, and saw the fear covering them.

"Hey, it's okay, it's just to help stop the bleeding," he gave a shy smile, and I returned back to my original spot. After fully pulling out his belt from his jeans, his eyes went to me as if saying "is it okay." I nodded in response, continuing to lift my leg slightly, pulling one side of the belt to the other side, placing the belt a few inches from my ankle. He pulled it tightly, shooting a pain up my leg, causing my eyes to squint. I bite down on my lip.

"My name is Joshua by the way," he calmly said, he must have noticed. "Josh for short. What's yours?"

"Avalon."

"I like that name, do you have a last name with that?" I shook my head right after, my eyes slightly open, watching as he untied the blue t-shirt, that wasn't quite blue anymore. A thick liquid poured from beneath. I cringed at the sight. "Don't like blood, huh?" his voice was in a soft chuckle as I shook my head once again. "Do you mind if I call you Ava? Short for Avalon," I nodded.

From beneath the cloth, a white transparent bottle appeared. My eyes widened as I looked up towards him. His eyes came to mine and looked down to the bottle, then back, as he read my mind.

"Don't worry, it's just water. See," he opened up the bottle and brought it close enough to smell, "just got to clean it before we put a new bandage on. Though this may hurt a little bit." I nodded, as he took his attention back to the maroon foot. The bleeding slowly stopped from the belt. I took in my lip biting down hard as the water burned my skin. The taste of iron filled my teeth as I held my breath. My nails dug into the palm of my hands, while tears pasted my closed eyes.

"Okay, it's over now," his voice calmed. When opening my teary eyes, my foot was wrapped tightly in a towel, "it's not much, but much better than the thing that I think used to be a t-shirt," his voice chuckled.

"It's temporary until we get it stitched up," he stood up, holding out his hand. When taking it, he helped pull me up, though the loss of blood finally hit me. My head spun, causing loss in balance. "We better hurry."

I felt his arms bring me to the passenger side of the car, and the warmth from the inside as the door opened. A soft seat, warm against my skin, almost made my body sleep within seconds, for every passing minute I felt the strength seeping through my wounds.

The movement of the vehicle startled me, my heart skipping an already skipped beat. Along with the motion of Josh handing me something. A clear bottle with a clear liquid. Water.

"You need to stay hydrated," his voice is firm but calming, I catch him glance over as I take the bottle out from his loose grip. The cap was already opened when I received it, though it's on enough to just barely hang on. It is heavy in my weakened state, taking the breath out of me. Taking a sip, it's cool as I feel it glided past my throat, causing me to slightly choke, spilling slightly.

"You okay?"

"I'm sorry," I nod, gesturing to the mess I had made.

"Don't worry about it. It's just water"

The hum of the car fulfilled my mind, as I felt my body drift off. Slowly but surely. Josh's voice faded, as the temperature from within cooled, and the sound of my heartbeat weakened, beat after beat.