Chapter 26

Grey avoided me as if I had the plague until the end of the school year.

It hurt so much but wasn't at all surprising. At first, I thought he was trying to "make things right," but he didn't do anything. My reputation was still tainted; Sasha remained at the same table with him, Evan rejoined them, and school pushed on as usual. There were no more wild parties, much less drama than before—it almost felt like the calm before the storm. Things were too peaceful.

There were moments when I thought Grey was going to talk to me. We made eye contact several times, but he quickly looked away. All the personal stuff and connection we shared in the dream, it was as if it never even happened. And that hurt the most—we shared so much, only for him to distance himself from me.

I felt worthless without having a valid reason. It was a dream. Who's to say he even remembered it?

What was even worse was that somehow he gained control over me in his dreams. Whenever he saw me, we'd wake up. I didn't get to interact with him anymore before he pushed me out of his brain. I was blocked out of his life altogether—it ached more than getting blocked in real life.

So, as I said, school pushed continued with the addition of me having a broken heart and no one to tell. I was miserable but smiled through it. I acted like I was okay. For the most part, I was. since Grey let me see his true colors before we advanced in whatever was blooming between us.

As summer break approached, my heart finally started to heal.

Then came the end of the year party. The whole rising senior class and graduates were invited. And can you guess who was throwing the party?

The one and only Grey.

For once, my friends, and by friends, I mean Mindy, didn't get excited.

"Whenever we go, it causes drama," she said as our group hung out in one of the middle school parks. Whenever the kids are away for the summer and the park is open to the public, we'd always go there. It became our usual hangout/meeting spot.

"Yeah, and knowing Grey, he's already back in Sasha's pants," Blake said, disgusted. "He's a tool." So, we had a firm resounding agreement that night's party was not for us.

That was until Grey messaged me when I was home after the hangout.

you comin tonite?

His text message was the first time he had acknowledged me in months. He walked out of my life and now was trying to walk right back in. My heart slightly skipped, but I regained composure immediately and responded, No.

I promise you it'll be worth it

No.

Ok, suit yourself

I closed my screen and tossed my phone to the other side of my bed. Timmy looked up at me with doe-eyes.

"I'm not going, Timmy... you can't make me," I signed. He looked at me in utter confusion and then laid his head down with a heavy sigh. I let out a sigh of my own, and I found myself creeping towards my closet, choosing an outfit.

I couldn't believe I was doing this. Neither could my friends. I messaged the group chat and let them know I would be going to the party, and they went into full-on meltdown mood.

Ana🥰
R u crazy?! Y?! I thought we all didn't wanna go

Blake🖤
Y do u wanna go?
Y
yyyyyyyyyyy??

Andy💥
H
A
Z
E
L

Mindy🌸
I'm down

Ana🥰
No!! Don't encourage her!!

Blake🖤
I can't believe you've done this

Andy💥
Honestly jokes aside, don't think this is a good idea

Blake🖤
⬆️

Arnold🧠
If y'all don't stop spamming my phone I swearrrrrrrr I'll end you ALL

Blake🖤
Look at the chat!! Hazel wants to go to the party!

Me
Guys relax... you don't have to join me. I'll be fine.

Mindy🌸
Like hell, I wouldn't join you. I'll be picking you up once I finish getting ready 😁

Ana🥰
Fineeeee. I'm comin 2

Blake🖤
We've got ur foolish back sweaty

Andy💥
I'll b there

Arnold🧠
I'm staying home on this one. Have fun peeps

Mindy🌸
We shall bc you won't be there

Arnold🧠
That hurts... 😖😭

Mindy🌸
💕

Mindy picked me up an hour later.

When we arrived at the house, Grey was sitting outside on the grass. Several girls surrounded him, batting their lashes. One tried sitting on his lap, but he gently pushed them away with a charming smile.

He finally saw me and for once didn't look away. "I'll see you guys later," he said and walked towards me as the girls watched, confused. Mindy gave me a knowing glance and then took several steps back towards her car. Grey watched her go and then looked back at me with a small smile.

"I thought you weren't coming."

"'Guess I changed my mind," I signed nervously.

I wanted him to hold me somehow—to close the distance between us. But this wasn't a dream. He wouldn't dare touch me. "I'm glad you're here."

"Should I be flattered?"

"Yes. Enjoy the party." He left me there as Mindy returned to my side. "Do I even want to know what's going on?" she asked.

I pulled out my phone and wrote, I like him and have no idea wth he feels about me.

A smile tugged at her lips. "I think Grey likes you back. He left those girls standing there just to greet you." Hope spread its wings in my heart and soared. I had continued denying how I felt, especially with him avoiding me. But maybe things would lookup.

Maybe.

Sasha rounded the corner of the house with Evan just as Ana and Blake rolled up to the house. She smiled tauntingly and planted a firm kiss on his lips, before sauntering over to us.

"What's up, Mutey?" she asked. I shrugged. "Cat's got your tongue?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Mindy said in shock as Evan looked on uncomfortably.

Sasha ignored Mindy and hissed, "Disabled garbage."

"Watch yourself," Mindy snapped. Sasha gave her a sickeningly sweet smile. "Shut up, fattie." Mindy's eyes widened as she looked down at her body. She was not even close to being overweight, but I could tell that comment struck a nerve with her.

"Sasha!" Evan snapped, not able to put up with it anymore. She glared at him while he led her off, and he shot us an apologetic look.

"I hate her," Mindy whispered. Those were my thoughts exactly.

I responded on my phone, You're not fat. She's a piece of crap and is taking it out on everyone else. Mindy nodded, but she didn't look convinced. My blood began to boil. Coming for me was one thing, but attacking my friends was another story. As I built up my courage to look for Sasha and do God knows what, the music stopped in the house.

Little Sweet Dreamer - Wattys Editionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें