|3|

[ A t s u m u ]

"You have a nice car..." I mumble, walking toward a black McLaren 720s. Sakusa hums as we both slide into the vehicle. Without saying anything, he begins the drive to his place. Around 2 minutes into the drive, he speaks.

"I live with my parents and siblings, just forewarning you because they're crazy." The raven states, turning onto the highway. Nodding, I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram. "If my sister gives you a hard time, tell me and I'll deal with it." He adds, tapping the steering wheel along to the beat of the music that plays.

"I'll stay for an hour or two to get as much work done as possible... I don't want to waste your time." I say quietly, the raven glancing over at me.

"Whatever." He says.

After about 20 or so minutes, we reach his place up in the mountains. Stepping out of his car as he turns it off, I look around and gulp. It's not a big house like you would expect, but it's a decent size. I heard something about Sakusa's family not liking to spend a shit ton of money on useless things, such as a mansion.

Following the raven inside, I shiver at the warmth that hits my body. Looking forward, a girl peeks her head around the corner. She has long jet-black hair and black eyes.

"Kiyo? Who's that?" The girl asks, walking over and smiling.

"This is my science partner, Atsumu," Kiyoomi responds. "Atsumu, this is my sister, Rei."

"Nice to meet you," I say sheepishly, looking down shyly.

"Awwe! You're so cute! Come on, I wanna introduce you to the rest of our family!" Rei says, dragging me forward as I look behind me at Sakusa for help. He chuckles, following close behind. "Look at Kiyo's science partner! Cute, ain't he?!" The woman squeals, placing her hands on my shoulders while standing behind me.

"Very cute." An older woman says softly, smiling. "I'm Hina, Kiyoomi's mother. This is Kazuya, his father. And finally, Maya, his little sister. I'm gathering you already met Rei, she's Kiyoomi's older sister."

"Nice to meet you all," I mumble shyly, flinching at the sound of two dogs running over. I squeak, whipping around to hide behind Rei.

"Haha, don't worry, they don't bite," Kazuya says, standing up and walking over to the dogs. One of them is a gorgeous Siberian husky, and the other is a long-haired german shepherd. "This is Jewels and Lapis." He adds, pointing at the husky for Jewels, and the german shepherd for Lapis.

"Go ahead and pet them, they mean no harm," Hina says. Gulping, I step away from Rei and get down on my knees, the dogs sniffing me before licking my neck and chin. I laugh lightly, petting both of them at the same time. "See?"

"They're cute," I say, smiling at the dogs brightly. I haven't shown a genuine smile in a long time, it feels... nice.

"Okay, I think it's about time to get working on the project, Atsumu," Kiyoomi says as I stand up. "We'll see you guys later." He then grabs my wrist and drags me forward toward the stairs that lead upstairs.

Making it to his room, he closes the door and groans, running his hands through his hair. "So embarrassing, I swear to god." He's talking about me. "Get everything ready while I go back downstairs to get a drink. Do you want anything?" He asks as I shake my head no while grabbing the stuff from my bag. Once he's out of the room, I sit down on the ground, saving him from the disgust of me sitting on his bed.

Hearing my phone go off, I look at the caller ID before answering. "Hey..." I say, placing the books down on the ground.

"Hey! How's that study date going?"