|39|

A/N: I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to go on with the chapter so I skipped ahead after the baby was born. Also, I just realized... I totally ditched the college AU for the Mafia. I'm not complaining though.

[ A t s u m u ]

It's been around 8 months and he hasn't woken up. I can't visit him anymore because of little Akari... She needs me more than anyone else. But it's been so fucking hard without Kiyoomi with me. Rei and Hina are at the hospital right now, probably updating him on how the baby is doing. And oh my god, she's the sweetest thing ever... Oikawa keeps swooning over her and tries to steal her away from me, but it ain't gonna happen.

Akari has Kiyoomi's eyes, but we have no idea what hair color she's going to have.

"Okay, your time is up, give," Oikawa demands, making grabby hands toward my daughter.

"I will deadass shoot you in the fucking face if you don't stop this foolery." I deadpan, the man narrowing his eyes at me. I've undergone a few lessons in self-defense and I've learned how to shoot a gun. I work out on a daily basis with a punching bag and I go against Semi and Ushijima in practices. Basically, I've turned into a badass.

Ushijima and Tendou now live with us, helping in taking care of Akari.

Hearing the front door open, I sigh and kiss Akari on the forehead. Her smile is so beautiful... "Atsumu, you might want to turn around," Shirabu says, staring behind me. Looking behind me, I freeze at a familiar face smiling at me with tears in his eyes. Trembling, I stand up and gently hand Akari over to Oikawa who eagerly takes her. Walking around the couch, I walk toward the man and gulp. Bringing my hand up to the curly-haired raven's face, I flinch upon feeling his skin. "This is a dream..." I mumble, pulling my hand back but he quickly grabs it and brings it up to his lips where he kisses my knuckles.

"It's not a dream, love," Kiyoomi says softly, smiling. Letting out a soft sob, I launch myself into his arms and cry into his chest.

"W-When did you wake up?" I ask, pulling away.

"He woke up a week ago... we didn't tell you because we wanted to surprise you," Hina says in a quiet tone. Looking back at Kiyoomi, I pull him down and kiss him hastily with wet tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for our daughter's birth, Atsu... I should have known it was a setup, and I should have listened to you." He whispers, smiling softly at me while caressing my cheek. I missed his touch, his voice, everything about him, I missed.

"You need to listen to me more often, Omi... You've been in a coma for such a long time and I-" I cut myself, looking down at the ground. "I thought you weren't going to wake up..."

"But I did wake up, that's the only thing that matters. But um... C-Can I see her..? Akari?" I smile and nod in response, walking over to Oikawa who hands her over to me. Kissing the baby on the forehead, I let new tears slip from my eyes and show her to her father. "She has my eyes." He whispers, looking over at me.

"Heh, you haven't seen how much of a badass Atsumu is now." Osamu laughs, standing up and walking over to let my daughter hold onto his finger. "He's undergone training and shit like that ever since the baby was born and he was put back on his feet. He can kick some serious ass." He adds, surprising the curly-haired raven who frowns in confusion.

"I'll have to see for myself sometime." Kiyoomi states.

"Uh-huh, but you need to make up for all the cuddling you missed out on," I say with a pout. He nods and smiles as Oikawa squeals and stands up, running over to grab Akari.