V

"WHAT THE HELL?"

˚

It could just be me.. But I feel like I've been being watched. I also can't forget that I somehow shifted in my fucking sleep.

Speaking of sleep, I've been losing a lot of it.

Knocks were made on my bedroom door as it slowly opened.

"Yes?" I ask tilting my head to see my father looking worriedly.

"Are you okay? You sure I don't need to get you any sleep pills?" He asked.

I stood up from my previous criss-cross position on my bed and walked towards him fully opening my door.

"Hey it's cool, I just think it's the stress of school getting to me." I tell him to (hopefully) calm his worry.

He only nodded and left my room, He also knew I was lying.

I've been seeing things in the shadows because of my lack of sleep. This world has taken quite a toll on me these past few months.

˚

I'm glad weekends exists in this world too, lord knows I need them.

I walked down the street to a nearby convenience store. A little walking and fresh air at night could help.

I was about to walk into the doors but at the corner of my eye I saw a speck of pink hair. Might be my eyes again.

I took in my surroundings looking around at the female cashier, probably a college student. There were also two other guys maybe two or three years older than me?

Making my way to the drinks I tried finding the good water (great value) but I don't think they have it. So i went with some random soda.

I heard some yelling at the front but ended up drowning it out, I wish I hadn't.

I walked towards the front, my eyes dancing around looking at anything and everything until they landed on the cashier.

"OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?" I ask running up to the cashier who looked like she was traumatized.

"Y-yes I'm fine!" She paused, "Is this all?" She asked pointing towards my items.

"Forget about me! What'd they do to you-" I cut myself off seeing that her wrist was red, like someone had a tight grip, and how her work uniform was unbuttoned.

Leaving the store in a slight rage I caught up to the dudes who were laughing it up like they didn't just touch an innocent girl.

"Hey! Don't you have some human decency?" I ask as I walked closer to his face.

He only smiled and pushed me back causing me to trip over my feet.

"Look we just keep getting lucky with the hotties huh?" The black curly haired guy said looking me up and down.

Right when he said that I lost focus, something behind him was moving. It bothered me.

I came back when he began snapping in my face. That pissed me off.

"I'm not your fucking dog so don't snap at me fucker." I spat.

"Smell like one." The blond buzz cut replied with a snicker and a sly smile. That really pissed me off.

"I don't think you're two cents were needed!" I said giving him a hard kick in the groin.

"DAMMIT BITCH." He holllered.

His friend looked even more pissed.

"You bitches are so weak you have to go for our weak points!" He sneered coming to throw a punch at me.

I had barely moved out the way when he threw that punch, and because of that I was shaken up since i'm not the strongest.

I got in what's supposed to be a fighting stance and he let out an ugly cackle.

"I see you're inexperienced." He said throwing another punch.

I tried moving back but tripped on my heel hitting the splits in the process like in some spy movie, which hurt.

He ended up tripping over my foot and also slipped, took that opportunity to kick his groin too and give him a right hook.

Looking down at the two fools I noticed there shadows were barely noticeable indicating it was closer to midnight.

"Oh." I mumbled.

I had somehow forgotten it was dark out. I started looking for the light of the convenience store and made my way back.

The door rung when I made my way back in. I was out of breathe and shaky. "I-I..."

My vision was going blurry.

"Ah! Ma'am!" The cashier yelled.

˚

My surroundings were cold. Am I dead? Oh wait i'm still at the store.

"Yo?"

"EEEE!" The girl squealed.

"My bad, sorry I passed out."

"I-It's fine! It's normal to pass out from shock, it was partly exhaustion too."

"Yeah I knew that last part." I chuckled sitting up.

"Nursing student?" I ask.

She only nodded and looked around for something.

"Ah- here! Have some water!" She offered finding the bottled water and putting it closer to my mouth.

"A-and thank you for defending me.." She mumbled feeling embarrassed.

"Hey it's okay, As long as you're okay in the end." I say with a smile on my face.

The girl hands me the stuff that I was previously gonna pay for, "I bought it with my money, as payment for helping me."

"W-"

"No!" She cut me off. "Keep it, you deserve it. Other people would have just looked the other way." She smiled.

"You're decent for a human."

A/N: I hope this makes up for them short chaps. Never knew (Reader) had it in her!