Chapter- 41( Who Hurt you, Baby?)

As soon as I opened my front door I regret it. There He stood, Harshit. His all-black look looked, killer...

Gosh, why the hell he's so hot??

"As you say, my sword girl" he whispered that part while standing right in front my me. His smirk never left his face while my eyes unconsciously landed on his lips. They seem fruity... 

I stood there watching his perfect pink lips until they started making gestures, I looked up into his eyes and he raised his brow" Are you even listening to me?" 

"Huh?" I looked at his face and finally, my consciousness kicked in and I stepped away from him. Clearing my throat and I looked at him while crossing my arms around my chest," What are you doing here?" 

He looked at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. And there was a time when his eyes never showed any emotion. 

"I came to check on you" he answered my previous question while welcoming himself into my house," You are skipping classes.. again," he said in a disappointed tone while dropping himself on my couch, "May I know what's the reason this time?" 

His politeness seemed so foreign to me that I almost slipped while walking towards the couch. I settled opposite him while keeping the front door open, just in case I want to run

"I wasn't well" I lied while giving him a small smile. He leaned in, elbows resting on his thighs while his head tilted left a little," You have never been good with lies"

Like, since when you have known me? 

I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch," If you don't want to believe me, feel free to leave" I gestured my hand towards the door," Close that while seeing your way out" I gave him my fakest smile in return he glared at me. 

He got up and walked towards me," Don't-- " he stopped in the middle of his sentence while pointing an accusing finger at me. His jaw clenched while I narrowed my eyes at him," Don't what?" I walked towards him and stopped just a few inches away.

He glared at him while closing that safe distance between us," Don't push people away" he grinned between his teeth while keeping me astonished in his dark eyes. His face softened after seeing my shocked face. For the first time in my life, I knew he was right and I accepted that. I have pushed people away, so many times now. Mani, Dee, Angel..hell, even my sisters.. and now, Himnish walked away too...

I looked at the ground unable to see him in the eye. I shook my head and swallowed the limb forming in my throat.

"Aisha" his voice broke away my inner battle. A finger under my chin forced me to look at him while on the verge of breaking down...not again.. not in front of him... I have successfully ignored this feeling for three days... I can fight it... Just fight

His palms caressed m cheeks and his eyes searching for the answers," Who hurt you, baby?" His bows were drawn together. His softness unpinned something in me that I have suppressed for so long. 

Baby

Tears abandoned me and broke up through my eyes and I lost my strength to hold on. I started crying, sobbing while Harshit pulled me in and I soaked his chest with my tears. He kneeled on the ground holding me like I might break anytime. Which is true, I'm breaking...

He shushed me and keep caressing my hair," Hey.. it's okay... I'm here... I got you" he kept repeating his soft words in my ears and holding me tightly. He sat on the ground while he placed me on his lap. I didn't let go of him. I was hugging him as my life depended on him. My cheek was pressed on his chest and the only calming sound was his heartbeat.