46 (It's a tattoo!)

After the not-so-wonderful disclosure about Harshit's father, I tried to kill my curiosity and focus on the current matter only. He wanted some time alone. Anyone could see how much he was breaking. Even tho with a disgusting father like his, he'll still be blaming himself for not being able to protect Esha. He's fighting his demons...

"It's not your fault, Harshit... Please stop punishing Yourself" whispering those words softly while trying to smoothen his tight fist. He didn't look at me, just shook his head, "I shouldn't have let her flee.."

"You were a kid too... there are several what-ifs, but you can't blame yourself for the thing that isn't in your control." his fist grip loosened & I gently intertwined our fingers together," You did whatever was best for your survival. She's here right now with us is proof enough of how strong she is. Now we are gonna do what's best for her safety."

He finally glanced at me while tilting his body towards me," How can you be so sure?"

I gave him a tiny smile," Because despite being an arrogant idiot most of the time. You have a heart of pure gold. Caring deeply about your people comes naturally to you. I am sure that Esha is safe now because you got her back. Who can think of hurting a sister when her big brother is beside her?"

His dark orbs were flooded with emotions, his other hand reached to caress my cheek," God knows how much I missed you, my Swordgirl". The fluttering feeling was back, without understanding this emotion which was generated at lightning speed. 

I tried to keep it together, but with Harshit, it always felt like... even on a stormy day, he'd be the only one who could provide a ray of sunshine. If this is wrong, God knows I'm in deep trouble...

Before my impulsive behavior could get the best of me, I gave him a teeny smile and moved out of the room. With so many questions in my head, one thing I knew was that I needed to have a talk with someone.

*****

I walked into the living room only to catch Dee on Aryan's lap on the couch chair, both of them sleeping peacefully, while Sam was lying on the ground on his stomach & Mani was curled up on the couch.

I looked at the wall clock 1'o, I walked towards them and shook Sam first. He was sleeping like a dead," Sam Sam!" I whisper-yelled at him, but he didn't budge. My brows drew together & I placed a finger under his nose. Okay, he's breathing.

Fine, sleep on the floor.

I moved towards Mani. I just placed my hand on her shoulder while she jolted up," AHHHH!" she shrieked, and in response, my screams echoed in the room. I placed my hand on my chest," Girl, chill. You gave me a heart attack."

She being Mani, rolled her eyes and grabbed her blanket, "I'm taking your parent's room". With that, she left and went into the hallway. Okay then

I exhaled and moved towards Aryan and Dee until his voice broke away," Don't."

My hand stopped in mid-air & I looked at him," Your legs will stop working in the morning if you continue like this." I warned him, & in reply, Dee was picked in bridal style and moved into the Hallway. Fine, find your own room.

After kicking Sam's leg one more time and getting no response, I moved towards the hallway too. Yanking, I went into my parent's room, but the bed was full. Mani and Aryan lay on the opposite side while Dee was in the middle, beside Aryan's.

I closed the door and walked towards my brother's room. My room and Bhai's room are just opposite each other. I opened his room's door and went straight to bed without even closing the door.