Chapter 59

Karim opened the door slowly, stepping in just as slow. Zaira's eyes snapped right to him in a second but softened when she realized it was him before scrunching up in confusion when she realized it wasn't time to see her.

She got up from the chair and headed towards him.

"Karim? What are you doing here? Did something happen?" She didn't know why Bennet would let him see her again after only a few hours apart.

All Karim could do was stare at her. He had probably said this before but she was so beautiful it made his heart hurt.

Karim placed a hand on her cheeks lightly.

"Karim?" Zaira covered his hand with hers.

He pulled her to him with his other hand.
"Karim. Talk to me. What happened? How come you're here?" She needed answers.

Karim pressed his hand tightly around the back of her neck to pull her even closer to him.

"We are going home." Was all he could say.

"What?" Zaira pulled herself away from him to look at him fully.

"We proved your innocence. Bennet says we can leave now."

Zaira looked lost of words.
"But...but how...you...you were just here...and...how...I don't understand."

"It's a long story. My dad and uncle helped a lot. I'll explain it to you later. But now we can leave here. You and I."

"Karim..." Zaira's lips quivered.

"I'm sorry it took so long. I'm..." he was cut off by Zaira crashing into him in tears now.

"Thank you. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me for anything. You'd probably have broken me out of jail already if I was in your position." Karim smiled down at her.

"Because I'm impatient. But it wouldn't solve anything. We can't be on the run forever. You're the logical one and I'm just the crazy one."

"Can't argue with that." Karim chuckled.

Zaira gasped and hit his arm.
"Karim. You're supposed to disagree with me!"
Karim laughed his shoulders bobbing up and down even though nothing was actually funny. She just looked cute with her frown.

Zaira couldn't help but smile. She hadn't heard him laugh this hard in a long time and it made her insides turn to mush.
Karim finally calmed down and pulled her closer before placing a kiss on her forehead.

Well now she was certain her organs had turned to water.
"But I'm still deeply and crazily in love you. Crazy and all." He whispered.

~

They stood there quietly just listening to each other's heartbeat.

"Let's go home?" Karim asked after a while.

"Yes." Zaira nodded.
He entangled himself before interlacing their fingers and both of them stepped out of the room.

After walking a few minutes they found Tawfiq and Dean laughing over something. They stopped when they noticed Karim and Zaira had arrived.

"You two took your sweet sweet time in there." Dean smirked.

The smirk was knocked off his face when Zaira let go of Karim and crushed into him. She wrapped her hands around him as far as she could reach around the large man.

Dean was shocked for a second as his hands stayed by him.

"Thank you. I'm grateful." She muttered.

Dean smiled a bit. He placed a hand softly against her back.
"I'm probably not your mahram but who am I to talk. You're welcome though. We didn't do much anyways." Dean played it off. "Just look after him. You're everything to him, that much is clear." Dean whispered.
"I will." She nodded. "No 'I'll come for your head if you hurt him.'" Zaira chuckled.