Chapter 20

Sboniso's Pov

Today it's the 29th and I am going to pay Lizwi a visit for making my sister cry like that. I got to his office and I found him with a bandage and blue eye, he looked like a mess I won't lie. He looked at me then looked down.

Me: yazi bengikukhonzile kodwa mefika uNobuhle kmina ekhala ethi ingenxa yakho kuphele konke lokho uyenza kanjani lento oyenzile kuSisi wami? (You know I really like you but when my sister came to me crying because of you all of that stopped)

Lizwi: angiphenduli kwena (I don't respond to you)

I chuckled

Me: ngabe ngyakuzwisa lobuhlungu omuzwise bona kodwa ngiyabona ukuthi khona engihlulele kukona (I would make you feel the pain you made her feel but I can see that someone beat me to it)

I said while looking at where he had bandages and his blue eye.

Lizwi: phuma ezindabeni zethu azikudingi (don't get involved it doesn't concern you)

I looked at him up and down then left. The week went by pretty fast, it is now Saturday morning and we are preparing to go to Zama's household for the 'izibizo' ceremony. The house is packed even the extended family members are here and some I don't even know them. Nobuhle is also here but she is trying to keep it on the low because everyone is busy asking her about her divorce and if she married for the money etc which pisses me the fuck off. We were now checking if we got everything before we leave.

Mom: yazi Sboniso ngyaziqhenya ngawe buka nje usuwenza izinto ezinjani angikaze ngacabanga ukuthi kyoba uwena lo bengithi uzodlala ngayo ingane yabantu kodwa ngyathuka mangizwa ukuthi isayintombi awukaze wayithinta (you know Sboniso I am proud of you, look at what you're doing now I never thought it would be you I thought you were playing the poor girl but I was shocked when I heard that she is still a virgin and you have never touched her)

Me: hawu ma angikho mubi ngaleyondlela (I'm not that bad mom)

I said while laughing, she laughed with me and hugged me for a while.

Mom: uyinakekele ingane yabantu Sboniso (take care of the her Sboniso)

Me: I will do that Ndlovukazi yami (my queen)

Her smile turned into a frown but she quickly musked it then smiled again and left. Just as she left Nobuhle came to me.

Me: sisi

Nobuhle: Niso unjani? (How are you)

Me: ngyaphila wena unjani sisi (I'm good and you sis?)

Nobuhle: I am feeling a bit better although your aunts won't stop asking me questions imagine Thembekile came to me and asked me why I lied to the family and said that I was a millionaire when I just married a rich guy for money I mean how absurd is that?

She said while trying to contain her anger, Thembekile is our cousin she lives in KZN with the rest of the family members since Nobuhle bought mom and dad a house here in Gauteng so we had to move I was still in high school back then. We also have a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles and some just like to visit all the time and eat our food then go back home to gossip about us and now since Nobuhle is divorced they are going to talk about it a lot.

Me: ini? usekhuluma insambatheka ke manje (what? She's talking nonsense now)

Nobuhle: I just smiled and left her manje sekufike uCebo noLungile ngiyazi bazokhuluma (now Cebo and Lungile just arrived I know they are going to talk)

Me: agh don't mind them Buhle you know the truth.

Nobuhle: I will...

She was cut off with her phone ringing and when she saw who was calling her cheeks turned red, haybo nangu uBuhle bo useyajola (she's dating now). I stood next to her with my arms folded waiting for her to finish.