Chapter 68

Narrated

When Lizwi got home with Nobuhle, he took her upstairs and prepared a bath for her. He helped her clean herself up and then prepared the bed for her. She got inside the covers and slept. Lizwi sighed and went to the gym just to blow off some steam. He did a lot of intense workouts and also the punching bag.

After 2 hours, he went to take a shower. Nobuhle was still sleeping, so he left her and went to check on MaMtolo and Esihle. He found them making food and talking about God knowing what.

Lizwi: ma ninjani? (Ma, how are you?)

MaMtolo: syaphila mntanami wena unjani? (We are good, my child and you?)

Lizwi: syancenga (we're trying)

Esihle left them because she knew that when adults are speaking, you don't interrupt, and you don't stay where they are.

MaMtolo: ngiyabona ukuthi kuningi okusemahlombe akho khuluma nami kwenzenjani (I can see that something is weighing heavily on your shoulders, talk to me what's going on?)

Lizwi sighed.

Lizwi: konke nje ma, izimpilo zethu bezikahle engayazi ngalendaba yokuba yinkosazane. Kodwa manje sekunzima uNobuhle usekwazi nokushintsha abe izilwane manje usewumbulali umfazi wami nezingane zethu azisasfuni zithi sizijikelile asikaze siye nokuyobheka ithuna likamfowabo kuningi nje ma kanti asisazi ukuthi senzenjani Njengamanje kusele kancane ngibulale abantu khona ngizothola iskhathi sokuzwana nabantwana bami. Ngaphekwalokho uNobuhle akasalaleli akezwa nje ma angazi noma wenza ngoba kwimina yini noma ingoba khona engakwenza kyena nami kodwa nje akezwa lutho ephuma kumina Kuyangikhathaza lokho ngoba kmele engabe imina indoda yalelikhaya kufanele engabe ko ke kuqala kmina kodwa cha yena ukubona kulungile ukuthi enze njengoba efuna (everything ma, our lives were much better when she didn't know that she is a princess but now it's tough. Nobuhle can now change into a beast. My wife is a murderer now and our kids don't want us anymore they are saying we turned our backs on them we haven't even checked their brothers tombstone it's a lot ma and we don't know what to do. Right now I'm at the verge of killing people so I can get time to bond with my kids on top of that Nobuhle doesn't listen m I don't know wherether she is doing it because it's me or because I did something to her but she doesn't listen to anything that comes out of me. It worries me because I am supposed to be the mam of this house and everything starts from but no she things it's okay do do as she pleases)

MaMtolo: kungani ungakhulumi naye ngalokhu? (Why don't you speak to her about this)

Lizwi: ngizothini ma? Ngibhedile ngamlimaza ndlela zonke yini azoyilalela ephuma kmina? Unenkani yesele kanti futhi uyeyisa ke manje angazi uzibona eyini impela. Ngizothini kuye ngibe ngamulimaza? Ukhuluma uthini nomuntu osekwazi ukufeselana nawe? Phela la emzini wami sekuyimi ofaka iphinifa uye ofaka ibulukwe. Kukho konke akwenzayo uzibona enza into enhle nje yena ngithi mase ngikhuluma naye akhale kanti angikuthandi ukumubona ekhala ngenxa yami (What will I say? I did her wrong and hurt her in every way, will she listen to me? She's stubborn as a frog and she is disrespectful I don't know who she thinks she is now. What will I say to her when I hurt her? What do you say to someone who challenges you? I'm the one who puts on the apron and she is the one who puts on the blouse in this house. In everything she does, she sees herself as if she is doing something good, but I talk to her she cries and I don't like to see her cry because of me)

MaMtolo looked at him with pity in her eyes. She felt sorry for them. They had just fixed things, and this happens to them. She didn't know what to do, so she just sat down and watched as Lizwi got lost in his thoughts.

Lizwi: angisazi ngenzenjani ngizoba indoda enjani ehlulwa ngumfazi wayo? Impela meqhubeka kanjena angazi noma ngizokwazi yini ukuba naye. Ukumthanda ngiyamuthanda ma ngenhliziyo yami yonke kodwa angikwazi ukuba naye uma ezoziphatha Ma umithi lomuntu izingane ezintathu akumele engabe uqala ngokucabangela zona ngaphandle kokuba azicabangele yena? Nangu uEsihle usamncane kabi usamdinga uMama wakhe ukube khona okwenzekile kuyena bengizochaza ngithini kuyena? Akhule azi ukuthi uBaba wahluleka ukuvikela uMa? Anginamsebenzi nokuthi owakaZulu mina uma efuna ukuba umfazi wami uzophila ngaphansi kwemithetho yami uma ehluleka ayeke sizohlukana sibone sizikhulisa kanjani izingane kodwa le yonkuthi ngizophathwa uyena yona angiyizwa. ( I don't know what to do, what kind of man will I be who is defeated by his wife? If she continues like this, I don't know if I will be able to be with her. To love her, I love her with all my heart but I can't be with her if she misbehaves. Ma she is pregnant with three children shouldn't she start with thinking about them before thinking about herself? Esihle is still very young and still needs her mother. If something happened to her, what would I say to her? She would've grown up knowing that her father failed to protect her mother? I don't care if she is a Zulu if she wants to be my wife, she will live under my rules. If she fails, we will separate and we will see how we raise the children, but I don't like that she is her own person now)