Transitioning

Cami woke up feeling different. She felt a strange hunger in her veins and a thirst that she couldn't quite quench. She looked around and saw that she was in a bedroom. She stood up and saw a woman sitting on a chair besides the bed.

"Who are you?"-C
The girl looked up at her but didn't say anything. Cami sighed and walked up to a mirror that was placed besides a closet. She felt a sharp pain in her gums and opened her mouth to see pointed fangs in the corner of her mouth.

Suddenly, her memories began flashing through her mind. She remembered feeling a sharp pain in her neck and then nothing. She looked at the mirror again and touched her pale face. Her head was spinning. The sounds around her were making her dizzy and everything she touched seemed to linger on her skin.
"Why does everything hurt so much? The lights... they're burning my eyes and.. and the music it's so loud."-C

She then thought about something Klaus had told her. He had told her how it felt to transition into a vampire. The pain in your gums, the pale skin, a thirst you couldn't quite quench.

Her eyes widened and she realised that she was in transition. She was weak and was now holding on to a chair besides her.
"I can't be. No, I wanted to live.."-C
Cami began crying and sat in the chair that was opposite to the woman who hadn't said a word.

"I want to grow up. This is not..how can I...no this can't be...there has to be a way to fix it."-C
"There isn't."
Cami looked at the woman that was now staring at her. Cami could smell the blood pumping in her veins. She was drawn to it but she didn't want to feed. Not if it meant changing who she had worked so hard to become.

"I could just not feed."-C
"Then you'll die."
"I'd rather die then become a vampire."-C
"I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't agree. Oh right, he doesn't care."
"What do you mean?"-C
"You didn't hear? Your boyfriend turned it all off."

"No, he wouldn't do that to me."-C
"Oh but he did."

Cami had never seen a vampire with their humanity off but she had guessed it wasn't that pretty. Klaus told her how he had turned it off when he was suffering from the hunter's curse. She also knew that a vampire would only turn it off if something or someone hurt them.

"Why?"-C
"He thought you were dead."
"Who told him that?"-C
"Your cousin. Tracey, was it?"
"It's Stacey."-C

Cami covered her eyes as the light began burning her pupils.
"Can you turn off the lights please?"-C
"Sure but Edmund wouldn't be so happy about it."

A burning rage filled her when she remembered how Edmund killed her.
"Where is Edmund?"-C
She said his name with pure disgust and hatred.
"He's occupied. Making a daylight ring for you I think."
"I don't need it."-C
"Would you rather burn to death?"
"No, I'd rather not be a vampire."-C

The girl laughed.
"What's so funny?"-C
"It's cute. You think you have a choice in the matter."
"I do and this is my choice."-C
"And this is mine."
The girl took out a knife and slit open her palm. Blood dripped from her hand as she stood up.

The smell of blood overwhelmed Cami. She wanted to walk towards it, give in to the hunger but another part of her told her to step away and die the person she loved. She looked at the blood and closed her eyes before stepping back.

"No!"-C
Cami tried to run out the room but was stopped by a muscular body that was wearing a black suit. She looked up and immediately recognised the man.
"Edmund."-C

Cami took steps away from him only making her go back to the girl.
"I told you not to do anything until I returned."-ED
Edmund looked at the girl who seemed frightened by the man's presence.
"She was going to run."
"And you should have let her. The chase is always thrilling."-ED
"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."
"You're right. You will."-ED
He held out his hand to the girl who immediately took it. She walked towards him.