22

"He's Sped cause he's stupid! Not because he's special." Gabby days quickly and Mrs Mills nods.

"I won't use that term, but Tommy doesn't have any special needs. However the conduct code clearly states that if a person in special education is messing with you, tell Mrs Mackley."

"So a boy is hitting my daughter and it's okay because he's not that smart? To hell with that." I spit and Levi grabs my arm.

"Calm down."

"She will NOT be suspended for this and that little boy had better keep his hands to himself!"

"Mrs Jameson-"

"It's Valerie." I spit and she sighs, leaning back in her chair.

"According to the code of conduct, I have to."

"No you don't and if you do, Im contacting my lawyer." I warn and she sighs.

"Gabby Im letting you off with a warning." She confirms, finally admitting defeat.

"I'm checking her out." I tell Levi and he nods.

Gabby walks up to me and hugs me super tight as we walk out the school.

"Hun your still about to get spanked once we get to that station." I warn and she nods.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes and I kiss her head, "Thanks for defending me."

I kneel down to her height and pull her into my arms, "I will always defend you. Like it or not your my daughter." I say kissing her head and she smiles

She gets in the truck and sits in her chair while Franks sits uncomfortably.

"I'm really sorry about this morning though." She tries and I smirk.

"I appreciate your apology, however you still said that knowing it would hurt my feelings. That was your intention and that's unacceptable." I lightly lecture and she slides down in her seat.

"Pleaseee Valerie!" She pleads and I shake my head.

Franks give me an odd look and I roll my eyes.

When we get to the fire station she runs to Jackson.

"Hey there girly." He smiles, kissing her head.

"Don't let her." She pleads and Jackson kneels down.

"You know your our granddaughter now, right?" He asks and she gives him a shocked look, "You are. Valerie's basically my daughter. If you don't like something take it up with her."

"Come on Gabby. Let's get this over with." I order and she looks down, "Jackson can you text Natalia and tell her I've got Gabby and not to worry about it?"

He waves a hand at me and Levi looks at me hard.

"Know her limit?" He asks and I nod.

He sighs and nods at me as I lead Gabby to a back office.

"Lets get one thing straight Gabriella, like I said, you're my daughter and there's no getting rid of me. I love you just the same as Daniel, and I love your Dad too. You don't have to call me Mom, just like Daniel doesn't have to call your Dad, Dad. However you both have to respect the both of us and understand we're not trying to replace anyone."

"I know it was wrong." She pouts and I nod.

"Get over." I order as I sit in a chair and tears hit her eyes.

"Please-"

"Now Gabby."

"Please Valerie, don't." She pleads and I grab her arm, pulling her over to me and over my left knee, trapping her legs in between the both of mine.

Someone opens the door and Levi walks in.

He closes it and leans against the wall, giving me a small nod.

I raise my hand and let it fall, starting a series of swats on her backside.

I watch her breathing as she starts crying, already trying to kick her feet.

"You can hit a little harder." Levi confirms and I shake my head.

"I know she could handle it, but I'm not trying to make this one severe." I say quickly as I move to her sit spots.

"I'm sorry!" She cries, gripping my pants.

"Almost done." I warn as I speed up and move back to her butt.

"You are never to throw someone's dead loved one in their face, understood young lady?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"And the next time you try to threaten me saying your Dad won't let me, you'll be right back here but with a spoon. Clear?"

"Yes ma'am!" She cries again and I stop after landing a final slap to the middle of her butt.

I pull her up and she lays against me, hiding her face and crying into my shoulder.

"What'd you learn?" I ask softly and she sniffles.

"Rather Dad over you." She forces out and Levi shakes his head, mocking being offended.

"What'd you actually learn?" I ask again and she snuggles deeper into me.

"Not to be mean or use people's pain against them. Or threaten you." She pouts and I nod, grabbing a tissue off the desk.

I wipe her face down and Levi shakes his head.

"This happens again and as soon as your done with her I'll get a turn with you, only it will be accompanied by a bar of soap." Levi warns and my eyes go wide.

Gabby nods and I pick her up, letting her wrap her legs around my waist.

I carry her out to the main area and into Ben and Jackson's office.

They give me a weird glance as I lay on their couch and lay with Gabby.

"Gabs, you want a snack?" Ben asks and she shakes her head.

"Chief, I need a-" I look up and Franks is staring at me and my crying daughter. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, what'd you need Franks?" Ben asks and she shakes her head.

"I need a signature for my maternity leave. I want everything set up now that when when it's time I don't have to worry." She smiles and Ben raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah of course, and congratulations." He finally says as he collects his face, hand Harper the paperwork and I'll go over it later."

"Are you sure she's okay?" Franks asks again and I nod.

"She just needs a bit of time."

Once Franks leaves Marks walks in.

"Poor kid." He pouts before turning to Ben, "What kind of snacks ya got?"

"Who said you could have my snacks?" Ben chuckles and I look down to see Gabby asleep.

"Your sister."

Ben glares at me and raises an eyebrow, "Do you and I need to have a discussion, young lady?"

"What kind of discussion?" I ask, playing along.

"The kind where my hands talking and your rear end is listening."

"I'm gonna pass." I chuckle and he rolls his eyes.

"You got gummy bears?!" Marks screams in excitement and Gabby groans.

"Marks, hush." I growl and I sit up and off the couch.

I cover Gabby with a blanket and Marks rolls his eyes.

"I remember bringing my boy, 7 at the time cause his mama bailed on him. He was sleeping and I seem to remember you waking him up from crying because Benny Boy here was tearing your rear end off." Marks shoots back and I glare at him.

"I can 'tear your rear end off' if you'd like." Jackson shrugs and Marks scratches the back of his head.

"Maybe later?"