VIII

Sitting on a high branch of a tree, the view of the entire forest bathing her sight. The daylight washing the evergreen as spring seemed to resurrect the dead calm that had bathed through the kingdom during the winter. She found a new particular hobby throughout the years; climbing to the top of the trees and watching the world pass by without a care. It was clear and peaceful up there, like all the shadows had passed through and would never return. Alas, that was only a dream from within the top of the trees.

She was using the leaves and blooming flowers as cover for her figure that was clad in green as she looked down below to see her unsuspecting targets. Perched up blending in with the abundantly covered branches. The warm spring breeze hitting her face turned her cheeks, licking her lips as she moistened them. Being in a higher altitude had a tendency of making her skin dry and her eyes moist, especially with the strong gust of wind above the trees.

Her eyes sharp as a Hawk's as she observed her prey. watching their every step and waiting for the right time to attack. Her ears perking up as she listened intently in case someone were to sneak up behind her. Chuckling inside her mind as she finds the irony in her situations; Her being up with one of the most tranquil atmospheres and yet looking down with an intent to kill.

Her prey were two men, she had locked her eyes on one of them. The man who she had chosen was wearing a brown shirt and pants walking through the terrain with caution, he would not have been seen if a person was on the same terrain as him but from her current position with a bird's eye view of the landscape he was as visible as a sore thumb sticking.

Adjusting her stance and balance, checking the rope tied to the trunk of the tree and her waist. Rolling part of it around her arm as she hooked her legs around the branch she was sitting on and inverted herself. Hanging upside down as she took her bow and aiming an arrow at her target. Exhaling slowly from her mouth produced a soft whistle sound to her ears. Pulling the string of the bow taunt, inhaling deeply before releasing the arrow.

The arrow flew free, missing the man's face by a few inches. The closeness of the arrow had startled him causing him to jump to the side to avoid the arrow. Drawing his sword as he looked around, only for another arrow to scrape his fingers causing him to let go of his sword. The next events that happened was a blur to him, he only found himself impaled to a tree with two arrows piercing his shirt that kept his arms to his side, two more arrows that pierced his pants to keep his legs immobile and one arrow in between his legs just a few inches away from cutting his future blood-line.

The man's breath was caught in his throat as he tried to remember which direction the arrow came from. Sending a whistle into the air, Aella had heard the high pitch tune pierce through the air. Immediately changing her position in case of an attack.

Her eyes sharp and hands ready to catch whatever was coming her way. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she heard a thud sound yet did not see anything, turning to look around to see an arrow impaled to the trunk of the tree where she was.

"Improving, yet still missed." Whispering it as a smile crept up to her lips as she aimed another arrow. Not knowing where to aim, instead aiming for the ear of the man who was impaled.

The man felt a sting on his ear at the same time as the impact of the arrow to the tree had revibrated to him. Satisfied with her work as it would kept her two targets preoccupied for a few seconds as she started to readjust herself so she could climb down quickly.

"What in the actual Hego was that?!" The man shouted in a whisper as he was shaking in fear.

"The consequence and what you get for challenging Aella." A man who was wearing black emerged from one of the trees. He had emerald green eyes and unruly raven black hair, his hooded eyes filled with mischief and mystery. His high nose bridge, thin lips and sharp jawline accentuated his facial features that made him look like he was sculpted by the gods, his tanned skin added more to his appeal and this would usually make girls fawn over him.