XI

"We attack tonight. If you can capture Annie Alsius alive, the better. If the mission seems compromised, retreat immediately, your lives matter the most." Grace stated as she looked over to those joining this operation.

They all acknowledged her statement by nodding. The main goal was to reclaim Hopeshire Fortress, if they could not do so it was best to live to fight another day than to die giving your all on a suicide mission. The members felt a bit nervous, feeling their throat tightening up at the possibility of this mission being a bust and them not making it out alive. Despite those thoughts and small whispers around the air, words of encouragement had countered those hear-says which had increased their motivation to get Hopeshire back.

Five of their men dressed in the uniforms they stole from other soldiers the day before yesterday were going to act as though they were bringing in a few 'caught' members of the resistance to be able to know how to get in and shall leave a small trail only those from the resistance would know. Upon entering, the supposedly 'captured' prisoners are to escape from the cells as those dressed as guards will give the signal so the others can enter and help them disarm those within. While those who were 'prisoners' would immediately look for Annie Alsius and capture her alive. Attacking from both sides to increase the possibility of a victory.

Aella along with Luna and a few other girls were getting ready to put on their act as captured rebels. Caking their faces and bodies with muds and wearing worn out clothes to make it seem like they were on the run and had been captured for ages.

"Do people actually fall for this?" Luna asked as she placed a bit of mud on the sides of her face.

"If you don't put some on your skin, they won't. Also mud is good for your skin." Mia laughed as she took a handful of mud and placed more of it on Luna's face who huffed in and replied while avoiding the authentic mudpies.

While Saxon and Leo were putting on the uniforms along with some of the other men. Leo mostly helped the majority of them to put on the armor. Saxon seemed fine putting on the armor despite him saying it was his first time wearing one.

"They don't know anything about mixing colors." Alger commented, one of the members of the Azaleas, said in disgust as he looked at those dressed as guards.

Shaking his head with a smile as he continued "Better a prisoner than seen alive wearing that."

"Oh, shut it. You'rbe just trying to justify the bitterness you feel because the uniform was too big for you." Mia retorted as she adjusted the chains placed on the 'prisoners' wrists.

Fastening them so they were tight enough to pass the gates, if ever it was checked. "If ever, one of the five nitwits over there, were unable to hand you the keys. Don't panic because this is just child's play to Aella, right?"

Mia said while turning to look at Aella who raised her hands, now free from the bonds that were just their seconds ago, smiling as she twirled the chain that was supposed to hold her. Mia chuckling at that, it had caused others to whisper about how Aella might be connected to the god of trickery when it came to illusions. Mia laughed before proceeding to chain Aella once more.

"May you be blessed by the high Cuig that watches over Qaeven.'' Grace said, the others tuned in as well.

This had earned a subtle eye roll from two people; one who had abhorred the deities as much as she abhorred their enemies and another from the one who knew that only one of the five would actually answer if ever they did call out to those in the high seats.

Once everything was set, the five who were disguised as guards started off by signaling the horse to walk so those who were restrained would move as well. They all started to march out of their camp towards the woods, taking the long way route to make it appear like they came from afar.