XXX

Altheia woke up, in the lavender field, feeling the warm sun kiss her skin, the cool wind as though a light paintbrush brushed through her skin. She looked around seeing that she did not leave this realm the moment she fell asleep. Lyraez was really working hard to make her stay here.

"Funny how dreams and desires are so strong yet so fragile, strong enough to drive someone mad and so fragile that it can be shattered so quickly." Laughing to herself as she looked around.

Standing in a field of lavenders, the vast land of purple and green bathed her vision. The entire sight of colorful butterflies drifting on one flower to another seemed to give the illusion of her being inside tranquil painting that represented the ambiance of a lovely spring in the meadows.

The warm soft wind that caressed her skin as she gazed up to the blue sky watching the clouds pass-by. Carrying the sweet floral scent it brought along with it filling her with a sense of serenity with the aroma alone. The leaves and petals tickled her fingertips, as though bathing her hand with feather-like kisses that were trying to keep her there on the beautiful pasture. The scent flooded her olfactory senses and the sensations that she felt on my skin, were all luring her to linger there for a while longer.

Sighing as she closed her eyes, concentrating on the sounds around her until she is able to separate one from another from another. Her ears picking up the sound of the rustling leaves as the wind blew past field, resembling the whispers of little fairies just like what her mother told her. The chirping of the birds and the rush of the river merged together in a melodic harmony that reminded her of a tune sang by nymphs during the pink moon.

The children's laughter faintly echoing from the walls of the lower village a few miles away from where she stood. The indistinct sounds of percussive instruments were mixing along with the laughter that reached her ears. From the scents, to the sensations and the sounds she heard were enough to overstimulated her in a way that made her wished that peace lasted this long.

"Let's stop this." She whispered as she tried stopping her tear from falling, she loved this place. It was the one place that resembled the future she desired.

As soon as the words slipped past her lips the everything around her seemed to have slowed down, slow enough for her to hear the powerful beating of the wings of a butterfly until everything eventually become silent. Opening her eyes to see that the lavenders, leaves and even the dew drops that covered the grass had stopped mid-motion. Turning her head to the side where she saw a butterfly frozen in the in mid-air right above a flower . Gazing at it with melancholy as it reminds that her what this place really is.

Feeling a heavy change in the air had her eyes travelling towards the direction without having to turn around to face it. The presence behind her was warm and one that she had longed to feel but she was torn between her feelings, she was angry as she knew he wanted somethin from her and somewhere deep within her was happy that he had come to her rescue

"Please stop... I don't want to go down like this. " Her tone covering the raging war that was happening from within her

"I still cannot comprehend how you saw through it." He said with a tone that was laced with curiosity.

"Nor do I understand why you would not want this." His voice filled with confusion on why a human would say no when their deepest desires are happening right before their eyes. He said with a tone that was laced with genuine curiosity. He made a lot of dreams for her, one looking more realistic than the last, just to be able to keep her there, yet she always seemed to wake herself up from the dream.

With his time with mortals, he knew they were the type to love things that were pleasant and easy. One that showed their true desires, and they would want nothing more than to keep everything to themselves yet Altheia had always forced herself to wake up to get back to the terrifying and traumatizing reality she was facing.