Chapter 10

Back at my family home, Sherlock walks me to the door where I can see my sister Charlotte running toward us. "Hello Ducky... Sherlock Holmes?" I nod. She looks between us smiling wide. "Did you have a good time?"

"It was... memorable" I hear Sherlock stifle a laugh next to me and I look at him wide eyed. "You should be leaving now" I say to him with a glare.

"Yes, I suppose I should, Ducky." He kisses my cheek and bows his head  toward Charlotte "Good night." There he waltzes off into the carriage and takes off.

I see Charlotte forming a wide grin "What happened with you two? I thought he was your rival?" She says

"He is"

"So he kisses you on the cheek now?" She skeptically raises an eyebrow. I look past her at my mother and father and then back toward Charlotte.

"My room. 1 hour. I need to bathe first"

~~~~

"So, what occurred?" I had barely set foot back into my bedroom and Charlotte was propped up on my bed ready to hear everything. I smile nnd say "Well, if you must know... We decided to pretended we were in love or what ever so we spoke to people...." My face starts to redden "I caught him missing and caressing a woman..." Charlotte'S jaw drops and her hand flies to cover her mouth "Then like 1 minute later we did the same thing..." exoecting judgement from her, I avoid eye contact.

I hear excited squeals instead "Oh my baby sister had her first scandal" and she brings me into an embrace. "IS he at least kind to you?" She looks at me serious.

"... He's a complicated character. But i think we both like each other? I at least hope so."

She smiled once more and continued hugging me, we then hear "Y/N M/N L/N, you didn't think to tell your mother?" mum is standing giddy in my doorway. "I saw him when you walked up to the door, he is  certainly a looker-"

"Mumma!" Charlotte and I laugh in unison.

"What? It's true. Certainly gives your father a run for his money." I shake my head at her comments and rush them out of my room.

"Okay okay, you've had your fun laughing at my scandal. If you would let the whore sleep now, I will have a question and answering session in the morning." I see Archibald sneek into the room.

I tuck up in bed, Archie lays spread at my feet. My heart flutters thinking about this night, but I can't help but feel guilty aswell. Was this too soon? It keeps me up for hours, staring at my ceiling wanting to rush over to his apartament and set everything straight, but I can't. So for now, I will lie here awake and scared.