Chapter 14

Walking through the station, we are stopped suddenly by a loud bang produced by a cane stick dividing us from the rest of the station. "Grail." Sherlock huffed out, obviously annoyed by the disturbance of this scrangly man. "I am here for my sister. If you could arrange her release-"

"She's not going anywhere. She's been found guilty of murder." Grail spits through his ugly, yellow teeth.

"Whatever evidence you think you have on her, I assure you-" Sherlock's words stern, I sense him getting emotional.

"I have plenty. " Grail takes a step forward, looking to the floor. "She was seen arguing with the victim, following the victim, and lastly, looking over the victims dead body!"

Grail and Sherlock get into a... professional disagreement. "Fingerprint matching, Swiss. You have heard of it?"

"Yes." Sherlock says through gritted teeth.

"There is no way you could have matched Enola's. She never touched that weapon." The aggravating superintendent raised an eyebrow as he flipped the page, revealing the fingerprint matches.

"Amazing what these modern things can do, isn't it Mister Holmes?" Grail says to tease Sherlock.

He glared as he turned and grabbed my waist aggressively and started storming out. "Sherlock darling-" I begin to say but he interrupts me by kicking a sign and turning away from me. Do I follow him?
I suppose I will. "We'll find a way to get her out, she's innocent." He ignores me. I take it as a sign to stop talking, but I'll stay with him until he tells me otherwise. He stops in front of a place called 'The Tearooms' where he finally speaks to me. "A friend of my mother's is here. She will know what to do if we are to get Enola back. I will see you soon, dearest." He puts his hat back on and starts walking away.

"So I am to speak to her alone?" I call out.

"You'll be fine!"

I sigh and look up to the building, it is quite a lovely looking place. From what I can tell in this dark at least. I open the door "Hello?" I ask with no reply. I search the ground floor quietly but can't see anyone. I see a staircase leading upwards and decide to go up, surely they will be there. I made my way to the final step when I am attacked. I have been flipped to the floor. I get back up and jump onto my attacker, using my weight to spin them to the ground and pin them.

"Who are you? What do you want?" They say angrily.

"I'm a friend of Sherlock's, we need your assistance." I loosen my grip on her, hopeful she won't attack again. "Enola has been arrested."

Her face drops and we sit up "For why?"

"Murder. " I brush some hair out of my face "What she's gotten tangled with may go wider than we thought."

"And who are you to her? Who are you in general?" She asks puzzled.

"I am her friend, as I am Sherlock's...friend, Y/N L/N" she smirks "I was not told your name."

"I'm Edith, a friend of Eudoria's."

"That's their mother, right?"

"Right. And we'll need her to break Enola out."

"We need to find her immediately. Enola will be hung before long."