16º Cap - The twins are resisting love

Giacomo, Antonella's father, was returning from the bakery when a for rent sign caught his attention.

- Good afternoon sir. Will the store be rented?

- Yes, it is being rented.

- It was closed for a long time.

- It was closed for a few years, but suddenly they wanted to rent it.

Porteiro Alfredo - Turgut Çalhan

Porteiro Alfredo -  Turgut Çalhan

- It must be quite large inside.

- Yes, very big. If you know someone who wants to rent it, you can send them to me. I'm the watchman and I work here.

- Can I take a look at her?

- Maybe yes.

Giacomo enters, placing a bag of bread and milk, which he had bought at the bakery, on a counter.

- How big this store is.

Giacomo admires the store's space.

- Yes, it is quite broad. This would be a perfume and cosmetic store, I don't know if you know, but the businessman who intended to open the store here changed his mind. He preferred to take the perfume store to a more upscale neighborhood. I learned that the prices of the products that would be sold here would not be affordable for the public in this place.

- Here in our neighborhood we only have workers and we cannot afford to buy expensive perfumes, like the ones that are manufactured in this factory.

- You're right. Know that the CEO of this company is increasingly rich thanks to his franchisees.

- Yes, I know he has franchises spread across the country.

- We also cannot forget that this factory in our neighborhood generated a lot of jobs.

- And truth. I'm not complaining about that. What I want to say is that the workers at this factory don't have money to buy the perfumes they make there.

- How ironic, right? But let's leave that there. If you know of anyone who is interested in renting the store, send me a look here. My name is Alfredo.

- Have you been here all day?

- Yes, and on weekends too.

Elena meets her father, in one of the "Beneventi Cosméticos e Perfumes" franchises.

- So Elena, did you talk to Rocco?

- He wasn't there, daddy.

- Why didn't you wait for Elena?

- I thought it was better not to wait at the company, dad.

- The faster you hit Rocco in the belly, the better it will be for us.

- What if he doesn't believe me, dad?

- You have the exam, don't you?

- Yes, I am, but we both know that there is no pregnancy. That I just paid for it.